translate

Monday 16 July 2018

PAINTED ON MASK BY FIONA CUMMINGS


PAINTED ON MASK

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

My taxi came

What a game

The driver could hardly work the car

Upon each cheek he wore a star

And a large red nose stuck to his face

His neckline was of lace

But it was his shoes that made me laugh

They were the size of a bath

And the horn on his car was like no other

I just had to tell myself he’s someone’s father, Son or brother

Why would he come to work like that?

And as for that hat!

Then I looked down to the car mat

That was that

Enough was enough

I had to get tough

I told him to stop the car on the rough

The grass was green

And that day was the funniest that has ever been

Stop clowning about

I had to shout

But that made him worse

As he burst into verse

No time to rehearse

I was his audience before the circus

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: