translate

Thursday 5 July 2018

DIARY OF GOSH AND THE BEAR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. I have had a busy day. I left my Husband working from home and went to buy some new curtains a curtain pole and two matching cushions. They are a mushroom with a gold fern pattern. The curtain pole is gold. I now just hope to goodness I have the right size. Hub measured the window last night. I can’t reach the actual window in comfort as we have an enormous windowsill. Something I have always wanted until I got one. It’s ridiculously huge. I’m tall five feet nine inches I think that’s about 175 cm. And I can hardly reach the glass to clean it. So, my Husband is a couple of inches taller than me he struggled but managed, but as I said, how accurate is he, we will soon find out.

 

I spoke to a handy man today by phone who said he will call out to do what I need doing but he will give me a call first. See if he does. I hope so as we need a couple of jobs doing as when you rely on someone you need to have a huge job for them or lots of little jobs or they won’t come out.

 

We have a blind that needs taken down Hub is going to try to do that this weekend. It’s totally screwed in properly so I hope it won’t bring down the wall too. And I’m going to try to attempt to remove our wallpaper this weekend too. As our decorator is going to charge a lot of money to do so. I have to just try to make sure I don’t require a plasterer afterwards… or worse, a builder. Hahaha. Knowing this house, I wouldn’t be surprised.

 

Yesterday I was coming down an escalator when I bumped into a woman… let me tell you two things, firstly it was a little scary as the escalator wasn’t working so people were going up and down it there was no order. Well I was afraid in case suddenly it started up, so I went to grab the side and promptly put my arm in front of a woman but kept walking one way as she walked the other…. Yeah…. Then I body slammed another woman who shouted in a very posh voice. “GOSH!””

 Well apart from that, all was fine.

 

My little Waggatail is being so very clingy of late I am thinking it’s the weather as it’s so hot. I haven’t been working her in the sun, only a little in the shade most of it has been in a shop or under a overhang and luckily, we have trees hanging over most of our walk and it’s provided shade as well as a cool breeze. She hasn’t panted so she’s not overheating. She hasn’t worked more than an hour each day and because she didn’t get her free run this week, she’s totally hyper. Last Saturday was far too hot to let her run around. I just hope this weekend is a lot cooler. If it’s over 21, I won’t let our dogs go running. It’s not worth it. Hubs been working from home most of the week that’s good as travelling home later on in the day isn’t good. First thing in the morning is fine I’m talking half seven in the morning, but by the time it gets past four in the afternoon, it’s boiling, too hot for his guide dog, The Little Fella. He’s very lucky, we have the choice to work from home, but some people don’t and it’s fine using our white cane, but, firstly sometimes the route is far too difficult to do with a cane and secondly, we can’t leave our dogs more than four hours. So, if we work 9 till 5 counting travelling in with that, obviously that’s miles more than what we are allowed to leave them. Personally, I would take a holiday if it’s for a week, but what about those who have little holiday and remember we are onto three weeks of this heat and there is more to come.

 

Someone suggested we should get a family member to take us to work, not me personally but blind people in general, again, one, very nice what a perfect world. Fact is, we don’t have that luxury and again we would be at work too long to leave the dog. Pet dogs can be left a little longer but not guide dogs. They are born to be with us, and they are very sociable and they don’t like being on their own.

 

Where I really struggle is when people take their dogs in a car and leave them whilst they go out to shops restaurants or wherever. Even if they leave a window open, it’s still far too hot. Dogs are dying.

 

Talking of animals dying, did you read about that Dad in Canada who was fishing with his children. A Polar bear came to attack them. The Dad got between his kids and the bear. Told the children to run. They did. The Dad was killed and afterwards someone came out and murdered the poor bear.

 

I was so sad for the children. But the bear was only doing what bears do. It’s not their fault that we are now building houses where they have lived forever.  And the Dad was fishing for food the bear would eat. He was killing for his stomach and the bear ate for his stomach.  What makes people think they have a higher right to animals/creatures?

I do feel so sad for those children now though. And his wife.

 

OK, back to packing away our stuff. Have a lovely day. Xx

 

   

No comments: