translate

Monday 16 July 2018

STAYING CLOSE TO THOSE WE LOVE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Here I am sitting in my garden, I have half an hour before I have to make dinner. I have not long been in and I can tell you it’s far too hot to be walking outside today. We were in the sun for about ten minutes shade for half an hour and when we got home, my Waggatail of a guide dog was panting. I gave her water and got her to lay in a cool shade part of the garden. And that is where I am sitting now. tomorrow at this time though I suspect it’s going to paint a different picture as rain is forecast and the weather is expected to be cooler.

 

Only a week away before it’s time for Hub to take to the sky in a microlight.

 He’s super excited.

 I’m not! ! !

 

My Hub has said over the past few months he is happier than he has ever been in his life, as am I but his daring outlook in life doesn’t make me happy, what does though, is knowing he is happy. Our Son has a great day planned for his Dad and I know he will love it. I shall hold the mobile phone for him in case it comes out of his pocket. Smile. My feet will be firmly on the ground.

 

Our gardener came at the weekend and you should see the state of the patio? It’s like a beach. Basically, when the guy lay our slabs he or they, didn’t bother cementing them in, but lay them down to sand. So, they are really moving. Yet another dodgy workman. But our guy who sometimes does our garden, did his best but I swear one morning we shall go out there and the slabs will all be in a heap at our doorstep!

 

I had another Yoga session today. It was more focused around breathing. I can do that… I almost fell asleep. I never imagined I would be able to do that. Relax enough to forget everything around me. The big test will be when I do that when I’m stressed when I’m on my own.

 

Gosh the noise where I live is shocking, yesterday, Sunday morning, yes, Sunday, at quarter to eight in the morning, a neighbour decided to cut his grass! Quarter to eight in the morning on a Sunday. And he’s from the generation who were taught better.

 

But it’s the cars, oh, they are never ending. I think within two years we will be living in the countryside. Let’s see. Meanwhile we have to live here for work. I guess if I am in the countryside, I will miss the convenience of the shops etc. also our neighbours are so nice I would miss them.

 

It's Hub and my dream to live abroad and if we win the lottery, we may just do that but as we have one child, who will give us Grandchildren I couldn’t imagine living apart from him, and I know Hub would struggle too, mind you we may just persuade him to come with us…

 

So, what’s happening in your world? Thank you for your emails, I have been answering them over the weekend when I got chance but we have been none stop busy, so not got around to all of you. I’m about to write to someone very special now I have about twenty minutes before all hell kicks off in my kitchen…

 

For those who contact me via my blog page, I am really sorry, I just can’t access that. I know Mary writes, and I feel bad that I have not answered your messages, but at least we talk via another way.

 

I received an email today from a lady who is a Step parent. She was asking my advice, I was clueless on that subject but someone else asked about a love relationship. I could do that one, and then there was let’s call him Larry…. Oh, boy…. I dealt with him.

 

Did I tell you Shamrocks sister had her baby? On Friday the 13th of all dates. And she was induced so there was a choice, kind of either way of the clock striking unlucky for some.

 

Sadly, they will both remain in hospital until mid-week at the earliest. There were complications. But I’m sure all will be fine…

She had a little girl, mind you, not so little as Shams sister is tiny, her baby was almost 10 lbs

 

Sham started her new job today. She has a very long drive to get there. It’s an hour each way. This is more of a job for her age than the one she was doing. She was a carer for elderly people. She’s now selling make up. Something she loves.

 

Donald Trump has been to our country the past week visiting the Queen and our Prime Minister. He has had very nice weather for it, that’s for sure.

 

Hub and I are going to enjoy tonight and the rest of the week is going to be as normal. Working and for me on Wednesday, playing. My dear friend Geordie and I are getting together in a few days and on Thursday I’m working again. Part of my day though will be making a visit to somewhere dirty. Smile. And as I don’t like dirt, that should be far from fun.

 

Here are some random facts. Octopuses lay 56,000 eggs at a time. (That’s a lot of omelettes)

The mothers spend six months of their lives dedicated to the babies and they don’t eat in that time. The babies are the size of a grain of rice when their born.

Cats have five toes on their front paws but only four on their back. Scientists think it makes them run faster… (And some people think we just evolved?)

Blue Whales eat half a million calories in one mouthful.

(Good job they do all that swimming to keep them fit)

 

You just keep coming back… The stats are getting larger. One day last week Canada read my blogs 182 times in one day. Who on earth was that? Haha. Did someone fall asleep on their keyboard? There were too many numbers for it to be a school. Well it was good to see you and one day I hope to visit your lovely country. Hub and I are having a holiday next week, but sadly Canada isn’t on the to do list…    

One day though it’s a plan.

 

Well that leaves me to wish you all a lovely week. Take care of yourselves. X

 

 

 

No comments: