translate

Thursday 12 July 2018

DIARY OF THE SHORT PIER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A very happy birthday to my dear friend and our wonderful Blogget, Philomena. I hope your dreams come true today. Her favourite saying is as follows.

Is fada an bothair, nach mbionn casach ann.

Irish Gaelic it means it is a long road with no turning.

I guess in other words, don’t let obstacles get in your way.

 

Well day four, one day before I can have my home. It’s being hijack and now our football is over on the radio, as we lost the world cup chance last night, 2 goals to 1, what to do at night time? I miss the news as it’s not the same on the radio. I’m not even sure we can have our TV tomorrow night. As I don’t think we will be back to normal until next week now.

 

Day about seven with a dreadful sore throat but it’s not as bad as it was and my midgie bit is not s bad either. At least now I can move my foot and walk semi normal. Yes, I should have gone to the Doctors, well hospital, but I didn’t. it’s all my own fault. I have heard it all. When it comes to Doctors, I can’t stand the thought of going. But whatever it was either a midgie or something else, it has caused me loads of pain and discomfort.

 

But I am well enough to go out later on. I just hope Hub is home as we have a meeting and I am being picked up by a tall dark gent… my Husband has been winding me up as he says the guy likes me and not in a professional kind of way, and Hub has told me that he isn’t sure he will be back in time… Just leaving it up to me and this man. Well he needs to be there. End of…

 

This guy is a lovely man and I can’t fault him. He has been absolutely fantastic and gone out of his way so if that is because he likes me, well better for us….

And my situation, I can’t exactly invite him in for a coffee… so, if Hub isn’t back to meet him, I will have to sit in his car… making me out to be really unfriendly. Then we will drive off to a place of new starts. Or will it be?

 

Some Bloggets have been emailing me asking me why I am not telling all, well it’s simple, sadly some of my ex family are reading my blogs. I really don’t know why they can’t take a long walk off a short pier, and not bother reading my blogs again, but obviously they are obsessed.  But I guess if I put difficult words in my blogs then they may struggle understanding anyway? And by the way, when I say x, I mean as in I never want to set eyes on them again. Not necessarily x.

 Some of them, well two are just plain and simple. No, sorry, plain and simply nosey, but they run to my ex Husband and tell him stories. Haha. He isn’t interested. He tells them but still they or she, waists her time doing so. Others who by law I am still related to, are just obsessed. So, I intrigue them. And rather than a phone call, they would rather read my blogs. Just weird.

 When I say x, I’m not sending kisses that’s for sure.

 

My sister in law text me saying she was going to come through with my bro at some point and my friend from London is also popping in soon. Right now, she is moving from London back to our wonderful Northumberland. I really don’t know what to make of all that, I just hope she will be OK. I was sure by now she would have found a man to keep her company but having said that, I am not sure she would want that. She likes to do what she does without a man getting in the way, I have never been without either a Husband or boyfriend since I was 12. Apart from a three-month gap when I was 16, and because of this, my Mum thought I was having a nervous breakdown. Haha.

 

In a way she was right. It was the end and start of hell for me. I had a crazy life up to that point. It calmed down a load when I met my ex Husband. and in fact, today would have been our wedding anniversary. I hope he is over me now I really do. I don’t want to think of him unhappy.

 

 For my ex’s sake he isn’t with the woman friend he has been with for a couple of years now.

She was, is, a total psycho I am amazed he has managed to get rid of her. He can’t seem to keep his women. I wonder why that can be? I kept him for many years. And kept him really well. Haha.

People used to assume that he did everything for me as I was the poor blindie who obviously isn’t capable of doing anything. Hmm. Apart from cooking, cleaning, ironing after all the washing and hanging them out to dry and all the phone calls I had to make with regards keeping a house and car and caring for everyone in the house including dogs. My ex worked hard and played harder. He always had a nice home to come back to with food for his stomach. But according to his family, I sat in a chair all day every day, I mean now, our painter even suggested that our Son will remove the paper off the walls for us and help us to put pictures back… nope, that’ll be up to us two blindies. As we can you know do some things… honest we can.

 

So, it’s gone from my ex sighted Husband doing everything and now both me and Hub are blind, it must be down to our Son… I wonder what will happen when he leaves home? I guess then it will be over to our dogs? Yep I can see them ironing and cooking…

Not sure about phone calls though, though I have heard of the dog and bone!

 

It’s a horridly hot day one of those days where by you have a headache all day. Close as my Mum used to say.

 

Nothing to cook for BW again today as he is eating from plastic Tupper wear boxes. I hate to see it, but this is the way he thinks he will loss weight. Only time will tell him. But at least he is eating lots of fruit. He is eating vegan. And he’s doing well. Sham cooked his four days’ worth of food the other day. I told him it will cost a fortune. He is buying his food. Of course, we pay for food for the family, but my Son goes through these stages where before a holiday, he has to loss weight and he has to eat from pre-cooked meals. I just really don’t like him eating food from four days earlier and he has had a bad stomach since he started eating this way.

 

To me he looks perfect. He has a tiny stomach, but that’s because he’s started to drink. And not much, 2 pints, but every other night? This really worries me. Then it will be every night and he never used to drink. His girlfriend is Irish and her family are big drinkers, I just hope it doesn’t rub off on him. He has always eaten healthy and as for Vegan food, my cooking skills can do that but there would be a choice of about three dishes, vegetarian I can do. Vegan, not so much. But I admire those who can do this.

 

Shamrock and I were talking about babies last night and she said it was going to be years before she wanted a baby. Her sister is about to have her baby any moment now. bless her it looks like she isn’t going to have a natural birth!

 

OK, I’m off to get my glad rags put on. I hope  you have a lovely day. X

 

  

 

 

No comments: