translate

Saturday 19 August 2017

WEEKEND DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Just after eight in the evening and we have our lamps on in our living room and I have just turned on the fire as it’s really damp out there and the early late, autumn! Is not welcome. But it doesn’t stop it from appearing early, like an unwanted guest, just as you are about to put the final stages to your dinner party, and (Ding Dong) The doorbell rings.

 

Yesterday we were sad to see one of our childhood TV stars had left this earth. Bruce Forsyth was the last of the greats. He was a dancer, comedian, singer, gameshow host and pianist. He was the first host of Strictly Come Dancing too. And he owned it. He was a cheeky chappie. Innocent fun. Now days the comedians are just crude, uncaring and untalented. Bruce is in the Guinness book of records for being the world’s longest entertainer. Longest as in years, not length. Haha.

 

So many of our good guys have died over the past couple of years. And, a few weeks ago, one of our school peers also died in his sleep. He was younger than us too. You do feel old when that happens.

 

Our Son has just come in after a ten-hour shift at work. In for less than five minutes and back out again. Where? To the gym. He will do just under a couple    of hours and then home about ten tonight, shower and he will then have his dinner. And I guess about that time, Shamrock will be coming here then too.

 

It’s been a funny day. We have just charged our batteries. No house work, well, Hub has relaxed. He is really run down. Exhausted by work. All I have done is washing bedding, cooking dinner and vacuuming floors. So, for me that is light especially as the food was just frozen chicken pies, well, they were, frozen, smile, not when I cooked them obviously, then I made mash potatoes with spring cabbage and carrots. Gosh, they were carrots my Son bought and he buys normal ones where as I buy organic, and I have said it before, you can really tell the difference between ordinary ones and organic. Not sure you can with any other veg, but you can for sure with carrots.

 

Can you believe this, no, really, wait for this? Oh, my word. Okay, Christmas is in December. It’s August, an yet, our large supermarkets have Christmas treats in like the big boxes of chocolates on the shelves already. Oh, it’s dreadful. It used to be bad to see Christmas things out in November, as when I was a child, Christmas items were only seen from the start of December, then November, earlier each year but August? Really? In a few years, I guess it will be Christmas shopping from January.

 

I don’t know, it was a buzz one time, now by December people will be bored with the idea of Christmas.

 

Well tomorrow is Sunday, I hope you have a lovely day and can go to bed tomorrow evening and feel good, you have been kind to someone. Be humble. For those who ruin other people’s happiness, because you can’t find your own, there will be people in your life who will be so happy, because you are happy, so just think about them. I am far from perfect, this is why I am so grateful for my friends who stick by me knowing this. Smile. Anyway, perfection is boring, right?

I read this earlier.

Don’t be impressed by 1, money, 2, degrees, 3, followers, 4, titles, but do be impressed by. 1, generosity, 2, integrity, 3, humility and 4 kindness.

 

 

 

 

 

 has transpired into the house.

No comments: