translate

Thursday 24 August 2017

RP FILES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s almost four in the afternoon. I have just been able to take a break for the first time.  As for my Husband who is working from home today, he started to work at eight thirty this morning, and apart from twenty minutes where he ate and did some writing, he has been on the phone. Even I’m sick of his voice. Smile. Bless him no wonder he is quiet when he comes in from work.

 

I took Waggatail out today to meet with someone passing the post box on the way the overhanging trees today were refreshing to say the least. Most my Waggs avoided but some she couldn’t as they were hanging over the path so much it would have been impossible to avoid them as we would have been on the road. Nothing nicer than a slap in the face by a wet branch.

 

Hubs dog LF, wasn’t best pleased that his big sister was going out without him.

She paid for it when she came home bless her. Trying to keep them quiet for hub working was a challenge. I had to take them in the back yard to work off in Wagga’s case, relief she had got me back home safely and LF’s case, revenge for leaving her. Poor Waggs. I had to intervene he can be a bully, but he loves her to bits. The way they talk to one another is so cute. Boy Wonder said that Wagga can be just standing doing nothing but Little Fella will go to her and just give her a kiss and then they put their foreheads together then carry on with their day. When they are on a free run, they stick together like glue. It’s great.

 

Yesterday in parts of our area, in one hour there was three weeks of rainfall. In our country, we never used to experience anything like this, more than once a year now, we are having floods somewhere. Before a couple of years ago, I don’t remember hearing about floods at all.  

 

It was funny this morning, I was sure it was pouring with rain just as I was about to leave the house. Oh no… I went into our conservatory, listened to the rain on the roof. Em, no, the sound wasn’t coming from up there! An yet, it was raining hard, oh, hang on, no, it’s not silly Fifi I had forgot that I had put our noisy fan on in the conservatory… It sounds like rain. Who needs those white sound machines? Just get a fan like mine.

 

No pub quiz tonight. And as yet I haven’t made any dinner. What to make? I’m getting so fed up of deciding. There are vegetables Hub doesn’t like, Boy Wonder loves, and BW doesn’t like mash potatoes. Hub loves it. BW loves new potatoes, Hub hates them. They both like roast potatoes though, but how many times a week can I do them?

 

BW is on some kind of crazy healthy food diet. There isn’t an ounce of fat on him. I have seen more fat on a chip! But he won’t eat anything at all fattening. This is great, but seven days a week?

 

Another morning I felt the sun but couldn’t see it. But, I have hope. Though as I said to a lovely lady today, I just hope my treatment won’t come when I’m in my rocking chair in a nursing home?

Here are the latest findings I have found for Retinitis Pigmentosa


 

 

And this news is great too


 

So, for men with RP, great news at least we have moved from animals and we are on phase II fantastic. The second link is great news hopefully for all of us. But we are not yet reaching people. But, it’s moving again we seem to have been so still for ages.

 

Hope Bloggets those with RP, people power for those who don’t have it, please send us positive vibes. I can live as a blind person, I do, I have no choice, but I dream to see again. Gosh my life would be so much better easier and I just want to make things stress free for Hub and myself.

 

I have a fire in my stomach a warming fire. A glow. I pray for treatment or a cure. With love. X

 

 

No comments: