translate

Thursday 3 August 2017

DIARY OF OVER THE MOON BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. Before I start, a group that was suggested for me today, wait for this one. Chilliwack creep catchers

I didn’t join.

 Well, here I am at last, it seems as if I have not written much for my blog page today ironically just after a lovely author wrote to me and said what a prolific writer I am. Haha, well sadly not this week, well not for my page. I have been writing for so many others but I have thought about you all.

 

 Yesterday I was out with my friend and today my Son kindly took me too the pet shop to buy yet another bed for my dogs. In the shop, it looked enormous. As if for a pony. Got it home, Waggatail sampled it and it’s huge for her but no way the not so Little Fella will fit in there too. They have had two different beds so many times but end up in the same one, so I thought if I buy a massive one, they will be fine, and I know the LittleFella, curls up into a ball, and I am sure they will both fit in, but there won’t be much room so I have kept their old bed too. I would have bought two if there were two. A huge shop with one of these kinds of beds. I bought them a new toy too. Almost £70 later, I walked out excited to bring my baby’s things home.

 

 Passing the bank machine, a lady was panicking because the machine had swallowed her card up. My Boy Wonder went to her rescue. Thankfully she wasn’t bothered by him pushing buttons for her, haha, I would be if it were my card, but she was in a right state. Jumping up and down saying.

“It’s got it, it’s got it.”” BW calmly spoke to her and thankfully the card reappeared. She was so grateful and relieved. I said that was nice Son helping that old lady. He replied. No Mum, she was in her twenties. Oh, my word? No, never. Her voice was as if she had smoked since she was six months old. My Son said he thought she may have got that voice with drugs. No wonder she was in a state if she couldn’t get her money?

 

Out walking yesterday with Waggs, she completely passed the turn we were meant to take. She hasn’t done that for a year. There was a dog there though with a man and I wonder if it was because of that she was distracted. She didn’t go to the dog, just I always wonder if they are biters and I guess it takes two for a guide dog and partner to work well as my heart was pounding as we passed this vocal dog, I simply lost track of where I was. Not a good day for that. But on the way home she was perfect.

 

My Husband left our home today at half six. He won’t be in until almost eight tonight. At least he is meeting with a colleague half way there today. He is going to work by train, quite a distance from home. His colleague will get on the train after an hour or so and I think Hub was pleased to be meeting with this guy as they get on well. They are a team for sure. He’s a really nice person. Hubs not bad too. Smile.

 

One of the ladies I worked for last year has left and gone for a new job. She is going to marry too very soon so a big year for her. As for my Son, guess what my stupid ex suggested today? For him to join the T. A. For goodness sake. If I had stayed with my ex how would my Son have turned out? He wouldn’t have done so well at school that is for sure. And he wouldn’t have had the vocabulary he has now. Though from a tiny baby he could talk and for his age he has always been years ahead of his class mates, but Hubs influence I’m sure has made him the man he is today as far as education. I think my Son wouldn’t be half as independent though and we would have been as close as we were years ago before Hub and myself got together. Sadly, we have made him so independent that he never comes for advice now and everything I say is of course wrong. He knows best. I still love him as much now as I did when he was one, two three and older. He has this assumption that because he is twenty, I can stop caring for him and he has his own life. Of course, he does, God help anyone who gets in the way of that, but I would love to bring the days back when we could have time together laughing talking about things in a pleasant way and just being a family. My friends say that will come when he meets with the girl he will marry and he is fully grown up. I guess I didn’t really feel totally grown up until I had my baby and that was when I was in my late twenties.

 

I tell you what though, this parenting is tough. When my Son is half an hour away telling me via text he is leaving and will be home in thirty minutes, and two hours later he isn’t home, I text him and his reaction when he gets home is Mum, why did you text, you knew I was coming home? I just say, yes Son, but you had a busy day, you were travelling on motorways you said in thirty you would be home and of course I was concerned especially as I had his dinner ready for him as I knew he was going straight back out after being home for a shower.

 

He was ill for a couple of days. I cared for him as a mother would. Because I love him. Not because he is a certain number, age. As a good parent, you never stop loving or caring for your child and when you have had the life I have had, you care more.

 

I do think though, if I hadn’t have had my child, I would look still in my twenties. I swear I only have aged because of fighting against a determined person every day for the past five years.

 

I tried to send my friend a birthday card via Moonpig.

Their website is totally inaccessible. So, my Son did it for me. Six days later the card that we paid £10.00 for, to my shock, has not arrived. You know the card that promised to be there next day? After five days, it’s not. So, be careful using them as the cards may say £3.50 but to post them, they charge the earth and if it doesn’t get there? Not good.

 

Perhaps the pig took it to the moon?

Or was that the cow that jumped over the moon? I loved that nursery rhyme when I was a child. Someone on FaceBook reminded me of that the other day. Whoever wrote that must have been on drugs. Perhaps their card got stuck too?

Published in 1765

Hey Diddle Diddle

The cat and the fiddle

The cow jumped over the moon

The little dog laughed

To see such fun

As the dish ran away with the spoon

 

The rhyme may date back as far as the 16th century

The cat and the fiddle were names of popular Inns. There was one called that in London way back in 1587

 

Oh, my blogs are just full of random rubbish. Haha.

 

There was something so very special about a nursery rhyme book for children don’t you think? I looked all over for my Son one when he was a baby. One just like the one I had. Sadly, all my books went when I was small. I guess my mum thought I would never see them to read, I can’t remember my Mum ever reading me a story before bed or anytime to be honest. I was so devastated when my Son couldn’t have one read to him too. My ex just didn’t bother and obviously I had just lost my vision when he was a year old and stupidly I was prevented to learn Braille when a child and like a lot of people who are partially sighted, they think they may never need Braille.

 

If my now Husband was the father of my child, he would have read my boy stories, whereas he had to put up with his mad Mum doing puppet shows with his cuddly toys and as I have written before, each of them had different voices, all coming from Mummy bear though and one day I was exhausted. I had a really bad day and my heart wasn’t in the adaptation of bed time bears, bouncing on blankets of baby’s beds.

 

Rodger, the naughty golden fluffy dog with the floppiest ears, his voice suddenly became Sarah’s, the malty coloured teddy with the pretty pink bow

 

My two-year-old said which such concern.

“Mummy, you are silly, that’s not Rodger, that’s Sarah!””

 

It was at that point that I realised that my madness before dreams, had sunk into the mindset of my beautiful darling Son.

 

Whilst conversations between me, my baby and all the soft colourful toys around his bed, lots of laughter, little did he know just how much sadness I had in my life. How alone I was. Talking of loneliness, I heard yesterday that being lonely was the equivalent of smoking 15 cigarettes per day. Being alone is very bad for your health. I suppose I can agree with the scientists if you hurt when you are on your own. And we are talking about people who never get out of the house or have anyone visit them. My heart kills for those people. I was that person many years ago. My ex was a very hard worker and player and I was on my own for up to seventeen hours per day and when I lost my sight my parents died just after then so I had no one.

 

Boarding school removed any friends I may have had at home as I was hardly there and because my school had kids from all over the country, we never saw each other in holidays or after school. Shame really as they were great kids. Thanks to technology, I have been reunited now with some school pals and we will be now forever friends.

 

I married so very young I was a teenager and I wanted to be the best wife so I was dedicated to my ex-husband. My young life was spent constantly cleaning and cooking. It was only when I had my baby and he had to go to school, I eventually after parents learned I wasn’t the alcoholic but the blind Mum, with a name oddly enough, I met friends, after they saw one Mum come to talk with me and realise that I didn’t bite and I didn’t cling onto them begging them to help this poor defensive woman. In fact, after a couple of years, I was known as the popular Mum that everyone wanted to be with but to get there, took a lot of grief and sorting out the rubbish as a lot of rubbish got stuck to me as I was just happy to cling onto anything or anyone that wanted to say hello to me. Desperate was the word. After sorting out who were users, I learned actually, I am me, if you don’t want to be with me, tough, if you want to be with me, there is a reason why, I evaluated that why, and worked on it.

 

Once you are comfortable with yourself and learn who you really are, your life becomes so much easier.

 

Gosh, where did this blog come from today?

Well right now I am off to eat. It’s almost three in the afternoon and I haven’t even had a cup of tea yet. Then I am going to check my work email and see if I have a message from my favourite Blogget in South Africa. I hope I have as her emails are sunshine on a rainy day. If it’s raining where you are, I hope rainbows will follow. X

 

 

 

No comments: