translate

Monday 14 August 2017

TAKE A BREAK (IN A PICKLE WITH A RIDDLE) BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Have a cup of tea, coffee or a tall drink with me and take time out to smile shout, oh, no and just take your mind off what is going on around you. Let’s do this…

Some riddles, see how you do?

Throw it off the highest building, and I'll not break. But put me in the ocean, and I will. What am I?

Answer?

A tissue

 

The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it. What is it?

Answer?

A coffin

 

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

Answer?

A river

A certain crime is punishable if attempted but not punishable if committed. What is it?

Answer

Suicide

 

Oh, this one is great, really clever, ready for it?

You use a knife to slice my head and weep beside me when I am dead. What am I?

Oh, please read the question again, as the answer is so easy, though I didn’t get it.

You use a knife to slice my head and weep beside me when I am dead. What am I?

Answer?

An onion

 

I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?

I thought this answer was an egg.

But I was wrong.

So, did you get it right?

Answer

A shadow

 

This one is tough

I went into the woods and got it. I sat down to seek it. I brought it home with me because I couldn't find it. What is it?

Answer?

A splinter

 

What goes around the world but stays in a corner?

Answer?

A stamp

 

Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?

Answer?

A fire

 

I can run but not walk. Wherever I go, thought follows close behind. What am I?

Answer?

A nose

 

My favourite one is this. I bet when you read it, you will have a smile upon your face?

I run over fields and woods all day. Under the bed at night I sit not alone. My tongue hangs out, up and to the rear, awaiting to be filled in the morning. What am I?

Come on, read again and think…. There are so many clues….

Have you read the question over? Still saying a loyal dog? Haha. I thought that then a mouse, but in fact the answer is so obvious, but we didn’t get it, or did you?

Answer

a pair of shoes.

 

How many did you get right? I won’t embarrass myself by telling you how many I got correct.

But I shall tell you how many I got wrong.

All of them. Smile.

Thanks to


 

No comments: