translate

Monday 28 August 2017

GOOD NEIGHBOURS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Yesterday we went to the street BBQ. I was so anxious. How would we get there, as where it was, there are loads of tables put out, sometimes a burner to keep us warm and of course a raging hot BBQ. I hate asking for help. Anyway, Hub went out the front and sat with a beer on our seat and along came our friend and neighbour. We don’t have to be out the front for long before someone will come and talk to us. We live in such a friendly street.

 

We went over and got a seat. We were first there this is good no one to stare. Everyone yesterday were extra friendly and thankfully it was all of our best neighbours that were there. If I could pick members of the street to have a party with, it would be the crowd that were there last night. That is the first time that has ever happened. Oh, hang on, I think there were a couple of people there I would have on my reserve list. But in general, all there were, are great. I sat next to Hub and my friend then my other friend came who I am close to so that was lovely. Perfect in fact. Gosh, normally when we go everyone puts meat on the fire and because this is impossible for us, we just sit there. Last night was so different. Oh my, I was fed from every direction. The food was stunning. Of course no meat for me, but a lovely lady made a salad knowing I was a vegetarian and it was so lovely. She had cut tomatoes into flowers and in the middle of them, had put a mix of mayonais, mustared and pesto. Oh my, they were delicious. Then Di brought some  georgious boiled eggs. Now this is the silly thing, in my house I won’t eat boiled eggs, an yet outside I will. Why? So silly as I always buy free ranged eggs and never keep eggs over a week. I know you can in the fridge keep them longer, but I don’t. So my eggs are the best and freshest an yet I won’t eat them I just have something about eating eggs I feel as if I am eating an unborne chick.  Di filled the eggs with a mixture of curry powder and mayonais. Gosh, they were really tasty. Then came our neighbour who is an amazing cook. She gave me large mushrooms in a thick sauce of garlic puray, they were cooked in butter then the puray was added. Oh my, they were wonderful. She also made an absolutely delicious cake. When I have tried to make cakes they come out tasty but like blooming biscuits. This cake was so tall. So light and so scrumptious. Then crisps and ice creams on a stick. Oh gosh, it was heavenly that mixed with the smells of the flames and the very wonderful intelligent conversations had between our immediate neighbours and ourselves made it a perfect late afternoon which turned into evening.

 

Our immediate neighbours are Indian and they are the nicest neighbours anyone could wish for. Bless them, they told us last night that they were so grateful for us as neighbours. Really, why? What do we do? I guess we are quiet and don’t cause trouble also we can’t exactly look into their garden, haha, ad we always spend time talking with them.

 

They have three children. Gosh, I listen to them and wonder where on earth do we go wrong in the UK with our kids. We have one child our Son and whilst Hub kindly spent last niht bosting about Boy Wonder, we do have our ups and downs with him. Though I know he comes from good stock. He has a heart of gold, just sometimes he can hurt like mad too and as for exams at school/collage? He did good in the end but drove Hub and myself to destraction. Where as the kids next door just want so badly to do well. His youngest daughter is 16 and has just got her results from school. Our kids in the UK, if they get two A stars, it is unusual, this girl received eight, eight? A, stars! How is that even possible to be so clever at so many different subjects. Oh my. Our kids are too busy enjoying themselves and just don’t care about education. To those who are not born in England, it seams to be that education is an honnor.

 

OK, going now to have a cup of coffee with my Hub as he is off today, it’s bank holiday Monday in England and it’s a beautiful sunny day. To my lovely friends and Bloggets in America, I send you love and be careful please with all the floods. I pray for the rain to stop soon if not now. I think about the poor animals too. With love.  

No comments: