translate

Friday 25 August 2017

THE PARCEL FROM THE LAB BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE PARCEL FROM THE LAB

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The miracle of sight

The beautiful light

The gift given each night

And feelings as if in flight

No more fear

Memories of fright

Each day is a pleasure

No longer a plight

A world full of leisure

The miracle of sight

No need to fight

To see my love

And stars above

To walk among long grass

Always find a path

To see newborn lambs

And in the field a calf

To know where I’m going

If it’s raining or snowing

To see the sun

To be able to run

And whilst the wind is blowing

I can find my way

No need to rely on my hearing only

Never again feeling lonely

To get out each day

Where I want to go

To walk fast

Rather than slow

To drive a car

And go so far

Not a care in the world

I could be so free

My dark years, a story to be told

And times I will never forget

But each day with vision

I will make it my mission

To never have regrets

And appreciate what is in front of me

The miracle of sight

A gift given to me

This is my plea

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

 

No comments: