translate

Monday 21 August 2017

OOPS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Oops!

Sitting here smiling as the sun beats through my conservatory window, a feeling of hopelessness passed by me this morning like a cloud on that rain threatening day. My washing out just chancing it waiting for me to do a dash, as the drops dance upon my head, well, so far so good, no dancing needed. If it’s windy slightly it’s fine, I can find my washing line with ease. If still, oh, boy, where the heckers is it? So here I am in this goldfish bowl of a room taking in the air of freshly cut grass. Smiling as next door they are so cute, funny different. They hammer but nothing seems to get made. They knock fences down but with what? Sounds like a toffee hammer. They cut the grass and every eight seconds, they empty it. What is it? A dolly’s cutter? Or a child’s pretend grass cutter? Surely it can’t need emptying every eight seconds? Well, today they are strimming. Oh boy. It’s the sound of a wasp playing dare devils with a fan. Buzz’zzzzbuzzBuzz’zz’zzzzBuzz’zz’zzzzz

For those using screen readers, isn’t that a great sound? Anyway, the

Buzz’zzzzbuzzBuzz’zz’zzzzBuzz’zz’zzzzz

is soon followed by a

Buzzzz’zzzz’zzzz’urr’rr’rrgh

And it’s all over. Something gets done with either a toffee hammer or a teaspoon. And we have action again for a few seconds. I’ve had some gardeners like that in the past, not now though, he’s a change, that’s for sure. A good guy.

 

I do love our neighbours though, they are so  cute. I love the smell of freshly cut grass too. Sweet roses are floating by too. My pixie gardener came yesterday, it was really funny as she just appears. Hub went to the front door to see what was in the mailbox outside and as he opened the door there she was, on the doorstep

He jumped a mile, haha. She said she was cutting our hanging basket. Bless her. As soon as a flower appears she snips it off. My proper gardener is coming next week. But he only does the back garden, I would miss my pixie who just keeps coming back. She also puts plants in my pots. She won’t take any money and last time she told me not to worry, as they cost nothing, I said well how? Where did you get them from? She didn’t answer and I didn’t ask again.

 

 She loves to crunch snails too. Not with her teeth or bare hands, but with her feet. Oh, the sounds? Poor things. As for my ant hill? Still there in fact I think my ants are building upwards, more family moving in. They have a high story going on in our front garden.

 

I’m still laughing at Hubs comment to the taxi driver yesterday. When he said our house is the one with the apple tree in the garden. Hahahahah. Driver said he was rubbish at gardening and didn’t know what an apple tree was? Hub replied. It’s the one with the apples on.

Oh boy that was too funny!

 

Sadly, soon it will be time to put the garden to bed for the winter. Then it’s a long grey six month. I love the winter as I like all seasons but after five or six weeks of darkness, and I know I can’t see, but I can feel it when it’s dark and there are no smells from flowers or cut grass or the sun doesn’t burn the wooden fences making that homely oaky smell. So, I know when it’s dark and winter has wrapped its cloak around us.

 

I dream to live in a country where it’s lovely all year round. I used to think I would miss my seasons, but nope, I don’t think I would.

 

Right on that note, I must work. So, later with love. X

 

 

 

No comments: