translate

Tuesday 15 August 2017

FAR AWAY STAR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


FAR AWAY STAR

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 No matter how far away you are

 It’s so comforting to know we share the same stars

You are not by my side

An yet you know when to call me

It’s as if you feel the tears I have cried

Even when I am about to fall asleep

You come to me in my dream

And wipe away the tear from my cheek

Your voice makes me melt inside

Though I can’t see you

I look to the sky so blue

And in my mind what a view

You give me the gift of sight

You, only you turn on the light

You are the sunshine

In winters, so cold

It’s you I want to hold

To keep me warm in late autumn

I want to wake up with you next to me

Just as you open your eyes

I will never get bored with you

Every day will be a surprise

A new season, baby rabbits in Spring

Tiny yellow daffodils

Blooms like bells

I want to pick you fresh flowers

Dance in the April showers

I want to hear you sing

And say sweet words in my ear

I want to protect you from any fears

I guess I want you near

But as yet that cannot be

It’s only you who makes me so happy

Fill my world with glee

Those words of three

Don’t say enough

I love you

And each day without you

is so tough

so, until we get together

I shall bask in your kindness

And love you forever

Your words of sincerity

Depict such clarity

Your heart beats in time with mine

Our love will last for eternity

You are so far away

But I know that special day

Will come and we will be together

Sitting by the river

Listening to babbling waters as we picnic on pure love

So tasty

I will drink your passion

Laugh at your fashion

And play with our time

As I want it to go on for ever and a day

But right now, you live so far away

So, by nights I shall pray

For your flight to join my journey

And it will be just you and me

As our maker meant it to be

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: