translate

Wednesday 9 August 2017

DIARY OF CARTLAND DIANA AND THE BASQUES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


So, my dear friend and Blogget was telling me about Basque people. How they have Rhesus negative blood. If they have a baby to others with other kinds of blood, their baby will have much less of a chance of survival. Some people used to say that the Basque people are from space. They are very tall people with blue eyes. The Basque people of Northern Spain and Southern France have always seen themselves as a population apart with their unique language and appearance that is different to others around them. Dipping into their DNA, geneticists have found that farmers interbred with hunters. And their genepool was similar to Basques.

 

I have heard of Basque people, but never knew anything about them. I wonder if a Basque reads my blogs?

 

Another subject I have been learning about is this person, someone asked me to write about her, so here goes.  Barbara Cartland was one of our most prolific authors of romance novels. She wrote 723 novels translated into 38 languages. I think she had 23 books published in one year and in total sold over a billion books. She was given an award for selling 25 million books in France. It was the highest award given to anyone from Paris.

 

She was given many honours for different reasons in her colourful life. Talking of colour pink was her thing, she wore it all of the time. I read somewhere that she brought out a cream for beauty and a pill to keep the mind alert. She became a councillor too.

 

 She died seven weeks before her 99th birthday in 2000 and though obviously she was very rich, she was buried in a cardboard box, under an oak tree that was planted by Queen Elizabeth I

 

I would love that where you have a house that will be passed onto your family. People move about so much these days and my parents had so many houses but their last one I really wished that I had took a tree from their garden as I bought my Mum a lilac tree when I was very young about eighteen! It was a stunning tree lilac is my favourite tree in the world.

 

When we moved house just after my Mum in law died, we brought with us the roses she gave us. It’s lovely to have a part of our parents growing in our garden, gosh, that didn’t come out right, did it? I mean a part of their spirit. I love the idea too of taking a photograph of a small child next to a small tree and each year on their birthday say, taking another photo and watching the child grow with the tree that was perhaps planted near their birth. Trees to me are so alive, well, you know what I mean, of course they are alive, but I love to write poetry about how trees are always listening and whisper words of wise tales.

 

Cartland left behind 160 unpublished books that her Son is now publishing every month via eBooks. They are in English, German, Spanish and Italian. It’s called the pink collection.  

 

Our beautiful angel Princess Diana, was Cartlands step Grand Daughter. It was written that they didn’t get on and Cartland was not invited to Diana’s wedding to Prince Charles.

 

I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since our Diana was killed. I remember that day so well. My Son was six months at the time. Her funeral was when I was on holiday in Grand Canarias. The hotel lobby was silenced all day the death of such a wonder was too painful and I have never ever experienced such respect and grief so widely spanned out across the world. I very much doubt there will ever be anything quite like it again. Her Sons William and Harry are much loved, but there will never be another Diana.

 

I found out a few days ago that my Brother in law is coming from Australia to see us so my Son is very excited as he loves his Uncle though my Brother in law isn’t bringing his partner with him so Boy Wonder was disappointed at that, as I think my in-law is the big brother my Son would love to have.

 

It’s sunny today eventually stopped raining. BW and Shamrock are on a health kick to loss weight. Shamrock is tiny in height, so I guess any weight she puts on will show. My Son was very trim so I don’t think he needs to lose any weight but having said that, for his heart, less is going to be better for joints too. The two of them ate loads of take outs in a week. Thankfully now both have stopped fantastic, they will live longer for sure. I don’t even like take away now we don’t have a decent one where we live.

 

My Son is working till late tonight, nine. Sham will be working too, she is a hard worker for sure. If they stay together they won’t have a lazy child in the workplace.

 

Going to put the lotto on for tonight. Wish me luck? Please? Smile. Hub an I was saying the other day if we watched the numbers come up live and knew we had the winning numbers, what would our reaction be? Wow, I wouldn’t jump up and down for sure. Funny that, I don’t know if I can jump up and down these days. I don’t mean physically, but emotionally I don’t have the energy to jump. I’m kind of walking flat on the platform of life. So, if we won the Lottery? I would I am sure be calm. Scared, in disbelief. I would make sure my loved ones as in Son and bros would be OK and make sure my best friends would be happy. Trix, JB, Trace Artie, Geordie and my friends in America and Canada were looked after well I would buy property and a coffee shop for our Son, it’s his dream to own one. And the rest of the money would go to charity. Mainly to get a cure for blindness and animal charities I would also love the money to be able to watch the news see someone who needed help and be able to help them. I don’t need a yacht or speed boat. Or a mansion. Though a swimming pool would be at the top of my list.    

 

OK, on that note, I shall go for now. Take good care.

 

 

 

No comments: