translate

Monday 21 August 2017

DIARY OF DANCE OF THE DROPS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. Last night Hub and I went to a localish restaurant. Normally our Guide dogs lay under the table but yesterday couldn’t because of the centre it was like a stem preventing anything from laying under there. How very dare they make a table where dogs can’t lay under? Smile.

 

Since we were last there, it’s changed. I guess trade isn’t good there. So, they had to cut in half again, vegetarian food. It’s always us who suffers. Normally I have a huge dish of homemade pasta with the most delicious sauce. Yesterday, I got an enormous plate with about ten bits of pasta in one corner of this gigantic plate.  Nothing else. When I asked for black pepper, as it is an Italian restaurant, well a steak house owned by Italians, I was shown the pepper on the table, a small container of pepper normal stuff not from a huge peppermill. Well, then I had the cheek to ask for parmesan. Heck, I did get it though.

 

Then to try to fill me, I asked for dessert.

There were loads of things, the nice waiter kept reading and reading. At the end, awkward me asked for a cheese plate? It went very quiet. I was told there was no cheese plate.

So, I opted for ice-cream. Well when it came? Haha. It was in a ramekin dish. Firstly, I was asked if I wanted one scoop, or two? Who has one? Two please? So, when it came, I said to Hub, what size were the scoops? To fit into such a tiny dish?

 

Then I got a coffee. Well, we had to laugh. If you could have seen the size of the coffee cup? It was as big as my dinner plate only the cup, unlike my plate was full to the top.

 

We called for a taxi home.  We booked it for twenty to nine. The restaurant closed at nine. It’s in a bit of a strange area. Out of the way and a little remote from activities. Oddly, there is a carwash right in the middle of the carpark. Ran by Polish people. So, it’s dark. Starting to get a little dampness in the air, but still, so, still is the night and the smell of burning wood can be smelt from a far. Slowly one by one, the cars start to leave the restaurant car park. The sound of silence interrupted by the foreign tongue the mystery behind the words unknown to us. Then when the owner says goodnight to us, his car is the last one to leave. Silence.

Stillness.

A chill!

 

Remembering what I learned in my three years of self-defence, how to stand, how to react, how to use what I have in my hand as a weapon and what to do if we were attack. Smile, yes, my memory was sharp, as for my ability now days?

 

Our taxi was very late, I called the company not helping by Hub saying now is the time my battery will run flat on my iPhone, as he didn’t have his phones on him, both at home one on charge one just hanging around there. Great, another thing to think about. Thanks for that.

 

 The guy from the taxi company said the car was on it’s way, nice, when? Five minutes later I called back this time the lady. She said he didn’t know where we were. Great. Sat Nav? I said to her you know where this place is, right? She said yes and then I asked her to tell the guy? Well I only learned a few moments later, why it wouldn’t be possible for her to tell him how to find us.

 

A car pulled up breaking the sound of smoky silence. This guy, sounding as if he had fallen out of his car with his gravelly voice came over to us. Really? Should we get in with this guy? Oh, my goodness.

 

He tried to get Hub to put the Little Fella in the boot. Hub said no, the guy then said yes, Hub, no. He will get in the front with me, he said. Then the driver, opened his boot. By this stage, Hub had got himself in the front with the dog. Haha. I got in the back and I said to Hub this man is drunk.

 

He then opened my door and asked me if I was OK? I said yes, shouldn’t I be?

 

He did this creepy laugh. Stroked my hair and slowly got in the front. He said he was lost.

Yes love, I’m sure you are.

 

Well, we had to direct him to our house, which I’m sure to normal sighted folk, this sounds funny, two blindies directing a taxi driver. He said the last thing I want to do is get you lost, I’m thinking just drop us off now love we shall make our own way. But in fairness his driving seemed to be quite safe. Or, is the word cautious?

 

Well we got into our street. I said you pass the church and zoo, then head towards the cherry farm passing the lake on your right and there is a post box on your left, us stop on your right and mini palace right ahead. Then love, you will find the funny farm next avenue, you will need that for bedtime…

Okay, maybe not, but when we got to our avenue of all sorts, Hub said it’s the garden with the apple tree? Hahahhahha. I’m laughing as I’m sitting in my garden, anyone looking out of their bedroom windows at me will think I’m stranger, than they first thought as I have a huge smile on my face as I’m writing this to you.

 

So, this is how that part of the conversation went.

Hub.

Just their mate, the garden with the apple tree.

Driver

Oh, I’m no good with gardens, I don’t know what an apple tree looks like?

Hub, it’s the tree with the apples on.

Hahahahaha. Oh, I started to laugh as really you had to be there to know what a clown he was. How he spoke and his very very slow actions.

 

When we pulled up, I didn’t care if it was our street or not, I wanted out of that mad machine.

Hub gave him his money, waited for his change. It wasn’t happening but in the meanwhile, the driver had to take my arm and try to guide me. I was ahead of him by the way and leading him.  I kept telling him I was fine I knew where I was. No, he insisted. He would see me to the door, no thanks any way I am fine, seriously, I wanted to be in the house by midnight, and no way I would have been if I allowed him to guide me to the door, he walked so slowly. Kept saying don’t worry we are not in a hurry. Speek for yourself honey. Bye bye.

 

Hub held his hand out and no change was given. So, then the driver started to tell the Little Fella that he hadn’t said hello to him yet. Well, the Little Fella was as if go away silly man

 

On harness our LF is very aloof. Just like Long Chops, Hubs last guide was. They say they match the dog with the owner. Smile.

 

That’s why mine is crazy. But cute and I won’t say will go with anyone…

 

Well, it was about ten minutes later before this guy pulled away. What was he doing? Only then I realised that our sitting room large light was on and the blinds were open so he probably was watching us. Oh, he was being, creepy.

 

We use the same taxi company and I think there are about two drivers there who we trust and like. One is our friend. The rest of them? Oh, my I could write a book on them and their goings ons.

 

So that brings it to today, Hub working from home and I’m in the garden about to hang some washing out. It’s lovely now but is due to rain so may do the dance of the drops later to get them in.

 

In the meanwhile, take care and I hope wherever you are, you are safe. X

 

 

No comments: