translate

Wednesday 9 August 2017

KNIGHT ON A HORSE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


KNIGHT ON A HORSE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Tears I have cried

challenges I have tried

walls I have knocked down only to be built again

isolated pain

thoughts deep inside

troubles I had to hide

but then my knight came along

on a white horse

and together we went for a ride

over mountains high

reaching for the sky

I did what I wanted

No questions why

Breathe the fresh air

 Took a big sigh

With you my life I wanted to share

We didn’t care

Where we ended up

Walking through grass

Picking butter cups

Back on our horse

For the next course

Through pathways narrow

Bird songs from the sparrow

Ready to face the new asks of tomorrow

Together we can face anything

Church bells ring

Choirs sing

We said I do

Under a rainbow of reds, yellows and blue

The dark thunder days are history

Where you came from is a total mystery

Whatever land

Hand in hand

Strong

With each other we belong

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: