translate

Thursday 17 August 2017

DIARY OF RESULTS AND MORE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


At last I can come and sit out here in the beautiful weather we are having. I’m sitting in the shade the sun is providing the warmth but the breeze that passes kindly is giving me the perfect conditions to enjoy the afternoon and write. The roses are smelling so sweet and my little Waggatail is teasing me with her toy wanting me to throw it for her. I did many times but she never tires.

 

I have a cup of coffee and a chocolate bar. Naughty but nice. I’ve worked hard today. I have loads of reading to do but may do it tonight late as no time to concentrate. I have some editing to do and a lovely lady has sent me her blog to read as well as emails from you and some personal writing to do.

 

Today in England I want to say UK, but I’m not sure as I know Scotland for example, their school terms are different to us so perhaps their exam results are too? The seventeen and eighteen-year-old kids from school and college got their results for their final year thank God Hub and I are over all of that, our Son has done with school and college just work to think about now. He still has his project to do. He’s a perfectionist so it will be amazing he’s just so slow at getting it done. He will do a bit then leave it for days. If it were me, I would want it out of the way as soon as he finishes and it’s satisfactory for his two bosses, then he will get a pay rise.

 

Shamrock came today to take BW out for the day. Not sure where it was a surprise. Hopefully England? Knowing those two, anything is possible.

 

We are out tonight with our friends. I am looking forward to that. Dinner is made. Housework is done. I asked my Son and Sham before they left to tell me if my window inside was clean? They said it had some smudges on and then left. Hahaha. OK, guess it’s up to me to try to get rid of them? I can’t reach that window. It’s awful. It’s set right back there is about two feet ten just under a meter I think that is the correct measure so I can’t reach it to clean, to touch yes, I went outside and opened the windows to try to do it from the outside but nope, the seat prevents me from doing so. We have a lovely bench out there we love to sit on. And normally we can get to the window by the sides of the seat but not now as one side we have a post box and the other is this enormous shrub that is really overgrown. I didn’t realise how big it was. Until today.

 

My Son just text me to say he is at a petting farm and then going to an American diner. So that was Shams gift to him.

 

Oh no, I can feel raindrops. Really? All day it’s been beautiful now I come outside it rains. My washing line is full. I bought one of those umbrella washing lines, they have a name I have just forgotten. It’s a Brabantia by make. I must say, of late we have bought a lot of that make and I’m not impressed. The bin after less than two years has broken the lid that is. The tea coffee sugar canisters don’t even have suction on the lids.  As for the rotary, that’s what it’s called, it’s amazing what a quick dash to bring the washing in from the rain does for the writer, haha, seriously, I put my tech in the conservatory then ran out to get the washing in. the drops when I first came in were huge. When I finished taking the last item from the line? Yep, stopped raining. Red hot again now.

 

So, we have a Brabantia washing line and again it’s no different to an ordinary one we had years ago. Just double the money. You never know it may last longer than the last one did. We are moving house I think soon within the next whatever and it will come with us. We will have to get another part and get someone to concrete it in the ground for us unless we have grass at the next house.

 

Our Son is moving out next year to live with Sham. I think they are mad. We did his finances last night and they will have left over £150 per month after paying for everything. Except entertainment, haircuts, nails, eyebrows all the things that Shamrock likes to have done. Our Son likes to get his hair cut every month. He thinks nothing of meeting with a friend for coffee. It will really depress the two of them. I really don’t understand it. Right now, they can have three four plus holidays a year. Do what they want when they want, but they want to live together. So I guess they can kiss bye bye to their lifestyle. Sham will only be 19 by then. It’s far too young I should know…

 

When he moves out we won’t need this big house. Also, there are other reasons why we are moving especially after today, what I have just learned. Let’s just say, too close for comfort.

 

I won’t be moving far though as I will miss my friends I have here. And it will take some planning as where we live now is so convenient for Doctors, Dentist, Chemist, Vets and local shop. It also depends on something else that I will tell you about in time.

 

My life is so dulling an yet so full of mystery. Haha. I love this house though it will make me really sad to move. Also, the thought of packing everything up again, oh my goodness. I hope we won’t live too far from our Son. I would like to think it will be on a bus route. You never know, the big move for them may not happen. Shams family are saying things like, when are you guys going to get a place? When are you going to have a baby? Oh my God? Like, I’m you need to live a good live before commitment. Don’t have a baby until you are married and have been married for a few years. Until you are financially sound. I’m a bore, I’m so un cool. Really? Nope, I’m sensible.

 

Talking of babies. Hub and I were talking yesterday as we have spoken about before. Children? Sometimes I so wish I had more than one child. Then as Hub and I smile about and say, no actually, one is enough. I would say I was 50 50. Sham is one of four. I guess they will have at least two if they stick together. If they can of course. Hub and I will love our Grand Children. So, whether we have one or two whatever it will be lovely, at the right time.

 

Talking of time, I must go now it’s time for Hub to return from his long journey home from work. So, I shall be back with a subject a Blogget asked me to write about, if you have anything you want me to write about, then please email me or contact me through my blog/Google plus


 

 

 

No comments: