translate

Sunday 13 August 2017

DIARY OF THE PONIES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I have been described as so many things by friends and Bloggets, some of my Bloggets are my friends now, so I guess my Bloggetpals?

 

A friend reminded me today of this word, memory and description. I have been described as

Loquacious. Around friends I can talk the hind leg off a donkey! Not that I want a donkey to have three legs, but it’s an expression I find rather funny.

 

The most amusing description I have had this week and I still smile about it now, not sure really how to take this, but I was likened to a, oh, I can’t bring myself to tell you? Haha. Okay, I will. After chatting to a lovely friend of mine I was told I reminded them of a . . … . . …

Smurf!

For those still laughing, I shall leave you to that bit of enjoyment for the time it will take me to let those know what exactly is a smurf.

 

It’s a fictional tiny blue humanoid, from the Smurfs created by the Belgian cartoonist, Peyo in the 1950’s.

  They are meant to bring good luck and are three apples high. Sounds cute, right? Well, if you could hear their voices? Hahaha. They are as if they have inhaled helium balloons.

 

My voice isn’t that high.

It’s not.

Stop it.

Naughty Bloggets.

And I’m not blue. Well not on a good circulation day.

  

Dreadful news about what is happening in America with the riots. And something that hasn’t been on our TV news, not that I have seen, but I learned from a dear friend that in India, a place called Gorakhpur, a hospital there has had a dreadful occurrence with lack of oxygen and 60 babies were killed. New born babies. Oh, my goodness, that is the worst news. I pray for peace for the parents of those darling babies. And I hope there will be calm in the US

The world is in a hell of a state. And it doesn’t have to be.

 

 My Son was working before the birds had their breakfast. My Hub has never stopped either. Bless him. He is doing something to our bath. He even did some ironing for me and, helped to hang washing out. He’s a good man.

 

My Son has started his course work at last. Well, he’s opened the lap top. Shamrock came around last night. At midnight. For an hour. BW started work so early I was hoping he would get a good night sleep but now he’s back from work, he’s sleeping, the kids are like vampires. They come out at night time. Beautiful sun as we have daylight till after eight in the evening. He came home at four. He will go out to meet Sham or she will come here. When it’s dark. Smile.

  

It was on our TV today about our Dartmoor ponies. For the kind people out there, close your ears and eyes for this paragraph. We are killing them. Shooting them. Why? Apparently, to keep the numbers down because if we don’t, they will starve. Yeah, right. So, feed them? Or, put them on the animal equivalent of the pill. Or do something to the poor animals so they can’t produce. There is no more iconic sight on Dartmoor than a herd of ponies grazing with stunning majestical moors as the backdrop.

  

I have made a dinner for the family so will go and serve that now.

I hope you have had a lovely weekend.

 

 

No comments: