translate

Thursday 3 August 2017

MY INDIAN JEWEL BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY INDIAN JEWEL

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

As we stand upon the bridge of roots

The fragrance falls around us

We can forget about all the fuss

And take in the fragrant Seeta pushpa

And amazing bamboo papur

Among the willows, you whisper

Sending shivers, down my spine

I still can’t believe you are mine

People carrying meat, wrapped in leaves

Walking through the forest

your lips talk with my soul

The beauty all around

As I look to the ground

Yellow flowers with stripes of red

Look up as if to listen

In your chocolate eyes that Glisson

Full of love

I thank God above

For you are my best friend and lover

I never want another

You have my heart forever

As we stand on this bridge of wood

I am grateful for all that is good

As our hearts, beat as one

With you, I belong

In our world that hasn’t been spoiled

This land still talks with yesterday

But tomorrow is a brand new day

As we stand on this bridge willows entwined

Life for us is so very kind

With you by my side

My feelings I cannot hide

Our hearts excite each other

And have made a promise to beat as one forever

I love you my Indian jewel

We have broken every rule

Just to be, you and me

My past is free

You make me so happy

This is the best feeling in the world

You are pure gold

A story to be told

Keeping me warm in winters cold

And filling me with sunshine in summer

Making me feel safe in thunder

And giving me hope in life

I am so looking forward to becoming your wife

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

 

No comments: