translate

Monday 9 November 2015

WORDS BEFORE BED FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. I made a quiche tonight so I must be feeling better. Just need to keep reminding my body so.

 

Hub has had a long day in Peterborough long because he got  a taxi to the train station at quarter to eight this morning and didn’t leave the office till well after five and when he got to the station, because of winds here, at this end, his train was delayed. So it was half seven tonight when he walked through the door. Just like the bad old days.

 

He was due to go to the cinema tomorrow with a friend to see the latest James Bond movie Spector? But sadly they told him today it wasn’t audio described. That was the View Cinema told him, not Bond himself. Hub wasn’t impressed. He is phoning the manager tomorrow as he was sure it was described, and the woman on the other end of the phone, didn’t even know what audio description was…. When you call the cinema, they ask you to press hash if you need wheelchair access. For blind or deaf people? Tough. Anyway Hub pressed wheelchair and got through to a desk girl who wasn’t shall I say on the same planet he asked to speak with her supervisor she came on the phone was as bad as her colleague. Hub asked to talk with the manager, he/she wasn’t there. It shouldn’t be so difficult these days. A few years ago we went and asked for audio. We were given earphones and were told that they the staff didn’t know how to turn it on. Really.

 

The wind is wild as my wind chimes are going crazy but the temperature is 15 C so it’s really warm for this time of year.

 

I’m giving a talk tomorrow. I so hope I feel better than I do now. I am getting better, but it’s so slow. Right now I sound so husky and I’m not sure how my voice will carry. I’m deaf in my right ear too so any questions????

 

May have some news of interest by the weekend. Stay tuned.

 

A few thoughts before sleep.

 

I was reading that people, who liked to go to bed late, normally go to their pillow with dark words running through their head. So is this you? You can purposefully redirect your repetitive or intrusive negative thoughts by firstly going to bed a little earlier. Try to move your bedtime schedule into fifteen minute increments.

 

 So you are not tired, it’s all about getting into that pattern. Try taking a positive or gentle book to bed or some relaxing music, not a love song that will remind you of a past love, just something kind of natural.

 

Self-talk. Popular with cognitive behavioural    therapists.

 So simply talk sweet words to yourself. OK your partner may look at you in an odd way, so pre warn them you are going to do it.

 

Breathing techniques are said to work. And relaxing your muscles from head to toe.

 

Remember don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle. Mistakes are proof that you are trying. Never be afraid to fall apart as then you can rebuild how you wanted to be all along. If people are trying to bring you down, it only means that you are above them. Finally, you are yourself. Be that and stop trying to be someone else. Nighty night Bloggets.

 

No comments: