translate

Thursday 19 November 2015

DIARY OF THE GOLDEN COINS Fiona Cummmings


Good day Bloggets. How are you all today? Me? Thanks for asking, smile. I’m feeling a tiny bit better.  Yesterday I attended a lunching where I was to make a short speech. Normally I dread short talks, as it’s something I don’t like to do. I like to talk and talk. But of late I have been so grateful for short speeches. I have done three of late one yesterday and one more to do tonight. Then no more till next week.

 

Yesterday’s lunch was spent with some amazing people. First my Husband had to give a talk along with two other people then last it was my turn. All during the meal, I was the host of my table so I had to be the one who answered questions and made sure everyone got on OK. So would my voice hang in there for my talk? Thankfully it did just, though I still sound as though I have a kitchen pan scrubber stuck down my throat and it’s not because my throat hurts as its fine now. I have just wrecked it by coughing, and that was another thing, gosh I coughed right through the meal. Oh it was embarrassing. A long journey back home then total wrest for me.

 

Today I have had to start the housework for my friend coming tomorrow. I’m as happy as I feel a little better I was so afraid that I would be as ill and would be an awful hostess for Julie.

 

Anyway, moving on. I read a lovely phrase today from a friend. It went something like this.

“If hours were turned into golden coins, each morning you woke with 24 solid gold coins on your pillow, each coin represented one hour of your day. Your day is given free; you can’t buy any more hours even if you had all the money in the world, so look at your day like wealth. Each hour is a golden coin. I’m sure it was written more eloquently than that, but basically, I liked the meaning of it.

 

Teen got his car back. Half fixed. Obviously the breaks etc. still need doing but at least that light is off and what was making it almost break down has been fixed. The horrid thing is, someone has stolen his bumper bar. Poor kid, it’s never ending. So almost £500 lighter and remember his car isn’t even worth that, but he has to have a car for work. If it had waited just four more weeks, he could have sold his car and bussed and walked but he can’t get to his promotion training by any other transport. He finishes that in four weeks to work local again. His interview with his boss went so well he was told he got top marks for everything and was proving to be excellent in his field. The responsible teen has so much to handle now, so much paperwork and has to tell men old enough to be his Father what to do. He locks up too and counts and puts away the money. For a kid of eighteen, that is a lot of responsibility. I’m so proud of him I really am. Thank God he’s not with his evil ex as she would have made sure he had never done such an opportunity. Especially if she knew us, his Dad and I so wanted this for teen. Even if he leaves that job now, he can say he has experience in management and has two qualifications from the course he has been on. But I don’t think he intends to leave as he wants to give to the company what they have offered him. They totally trusted him and put him to promotion without having to apply, apparently, this is unheard of.

 

I just wish he could have had a pay without having to have so much debt and that is what he has now with this dam car.

 

He is at work now will be till nine tonight. Then he will sit down, have dinner and do lots of paperwork. But tomorrow he has a day off then is working for seven long days in a row. I have two hard workers now in the house.

 

So what is happening in our news?

98% of Junior Doctors have voted to strike in December in the UK.

 

So the Islamic state is now messing with China? Oh boy, not a good idea. China won’t take any rubbish that’s for sure.

 

Our PM is to get an official plane. Wow, that will cause some anger when so many UK factories are closing because of money and there are so many cuts in local services, but a personal plane can be bought?

 

People of Scotland BE careful this weekend as snow and gale force winds are expected.

 

A smile before I go.

 Q. IS GOOGLE MALE OR FEMALE?

  1. FEMALE BECAUSE IT DOESN’T LET YOU FINISH A SENTENCE BEFORE MAKING A SUGGESTION.

 

Q WHY ARE HAIR DRESSERS NEVER LATE FOR WORK?

A. BECAUSE THEY KNOW ALL THE SHORT CUTS.

 

Q. WHAT IS THE CHANCE A MEXICAN GETS ACROSS THE BORDER?

A. JUAN IN A MILLION.

 

OK sorry about those, I guess I’m practicing for the Christmas crackers….. In the UK we have crackers. You pull them, they are made from paper and inside there are jokes written. A little like the above. Really scraping the barrel Bloggets again apologies. A lovely Blogget sent me something really funny I must get round to publishing soon.

 

Right I’m off to get ready I’m being collected in a hour to give a talk. This time it’s to boy cubs. I said boy, as didn’t want you to think I had started talking to bears. With love. X

No comments: