translate

Monday 16 November 2015

THE PRINCESS'S SHOES (THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY) BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE PRINCESS’S SHOES

(CHOCOLATE FACTORY)

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

It’s that time of year again

When melting moments make dreams come true

As chocolate delights are made for me and you

I hear you asking just by whom?

If you remember my secret I told you

Not far from where I live

There is a factory where they like to give

But it’s all hush hush

Behind a cocoa bush

Tall silver trees

And on guard is giraffe with knobbly knees

  He walks the chocolate crispy path

And he does make me laugh

With his funny face

As he gives chase

To those who don’t have a chocolate forever friends pass

You should see the ragdoll cats?

They wear bola hats

They are such a size

As I get closer to the factory gate

I’m then asked to wait

Noddy rings his bell

“Our guest has arrived

Quick do tell?”

I’m asked to go in

Sitting on a tiny bin

Is Jim

Do you remember him?

He has the cutest dimples and strawberry curls

His trousers are of spots and swirls

As I enter I find myself dancing a twirl

Then shrinking to the size of a baby worm

How does this happen?

Then I hear clapping

Is it a concert by Jake?

Playing his violin?

I look to the tent and see people within

Colours so vibrant

Reds, oranges and violet

Flowers of forget me nots

Sitting in china pots

The size of little pinkie fingers

The fragrance lingers

Once through the gate

Everything is in miniature

Val tells her stories

Whilst handing out lollies

And a melody is sang

By Melanie as the bells rang 

  From the nearby chocolate church

Where a robin did perch

I was told Christmas treats were not quite ready

As Halloween had just gone over

But they had sweets a plenty

Left over

So I sat on a tiny mushroom stool

 Next to growing clover

Whilst my friends the gnomes and elves

Came to me with their kind gifts

A knitted teddies pullover

There were witches hats

Dark chocolate cats

And Sinnamon broomsticks

Cute little chicks

But you wouldn’t want to bite into them

As a chick became a hen

And explosions of sour sherbet filled your mouth

How did the chick expand?

This really is a very odd land

But a tiny hand

Held out to me

A cup of tea

To wash away the tricksters potion

Left over from Halloween

As for the wicked queen?

No one had heard from her for ages

Thank Goodness

Until Val continued to turn the pages

She read of the autumn’s news

And told of the princess’s chocolate shoes

  How they had to be perfect

Made from white chocolate

With silver bells on the side

And heals so sleek she could glide

As a dance she was to attend

With her suiter who was to be her boyfriend

He was a king

From a land of far

And he owned a special chocolate bar

It was made with dark chocolate and pineapple slices

And from his kingdom fresh spices

Wrapped in foil from gold leaf and a bow of silk

With candy mice the colour of milk

He was the king of cocoa

Which provided the chocolate factory with all its needs

So these shoes had to be very special in deed

The princess is the daughter of the wicket Queen

Who owns the factory  

She discovered the magic bean

And that as they say is history

 And how it all began

She wants to own the chocolate kingdom

 And has told her daughter she must trick him

 Such a shame

Life has to be about this game

Though word on the flakes say

The princess is true to what she may say

She despises her Mother

For how she is with others

And will be a loving queen for her king

So let’s see in time if he may offer a wedding ring?

  With goodbye autumn foiled leaves

Andd a promise I shall return to decorate Christmas trees

  I danced to the tune

 Looked to the moon

And before I knew it

My clothes started to split

 Marge came to my rescue

Stitched me in cottons of blue

Gave me new shoes

And on my way I went

Passing the circus tent

 Where I hope I will visit next time

Will you join me as you will have the best time

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: