translate

Sunday 22 November 2015

DIARY OF THE CHRISTMAS WEEKEND


Good day Bloggets. Well my weekend is almost at a close and still has the cosy night in front of the TV with Hub and Teen. We are going to catch up on some drama’s and not real life ones, but screen goings ons.

 

So my weekend? Friday, I met with my friend Julie. She met with me at the train station. Off we both went to start the tour of our beautiful city. Where the Christmas market is in full flow.  Some of the marketeers were dressed in Victorian costume. The Christmas lights were up ready to be switched on when dusk arrived.

 

There were fragrances of Sinnamon and mulled wine as we passed by the home made chees, fudge’s and toffee. There was a group of singers entertaining us with carols and in the open shop doors we heard Christmas songs being played.

 

Down the quaint cobble streets we entered the little shops with the highest steps as the character of the buildings are left for us to enjoy. One can almost sense the ghosts from Christmas past.

 

A candle shop old fashioned jewellers and all of that mixed in with the modern department stores.

 

We went for a cupper and a snack. Julie and I talked and talked me with my still gravelly voice. It was a lovely day then time to go back home on the busy bus.

 

We just got on in time before the sleet fell as the icy rain pattered against the windows our bus filled up with tired shoppers.

 

We got home by this point it was dark. Our Son was in looking after my Wagga and by this point, Hub was even in.

 

I ran upstairs put away my goodies washed my hands and began to cook dinner.

 

The four of us sat down to eat. It was lovely. We all love Julie.

 

We opened a bottle of wine and I had three glasses. Well you know what I’m like, after one I’m smiling and two I’m singing. Three I’m laughing out of control. Teen told me to go to bed. Haha haha. I ate though and I knew that would make me feel better. Julie thinks its funny seeing me in such a disgraceful state. Teen is mortified and Hub shakes his head in disbelief. It’s when I start to sing that is when I know I’m in trouble with the voice police.

 

We had a great evening.

 

Next day time to hit more shops and then off to the cinema to see a movie called “The lady in the van.” I had audio earphones on. We are so lucky in the UK we have that facility in the cinema.

 

I made sure I had some pop as didn’t want to cough right through the movie. The seats were luxurious. Afterwards we went to one of my favourite places to eat, Frankie and Benny’s it was blooming delicious.

 

Lots of laughs and back home in the bitter cold where Jack Frost kept bumping into us. The black icy night was like a blanket of dark river water covering us up!

 

A ten minute walk home and into a hot cosy house.

 

Teen had been to see someone I’m sure he would have rather come with us, but needs must.

 

This morning a leisurely breakfast and then sadly bye bye to Julie for another few months. In all, a beautiful weekend.

 

With love. X

No comments: