translate

Thursday 26 November 2015

DIARY OF THE LITTLE FELLA BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Well, a great day at the office and I went to give a talk in a very posh school. There were 380 teenagers and their behaviour was impeccable. Wagga was a little star. She is so quiet when needs be and when she is to be sociable, she is.

 

So Hub brought home his hopeful new guide dog. He is a dog we boarded some weeks ago. Not the loving one we had for three weeks, but the little fella who enjoys eating kitchen carpets, curtains and so on when he is left.

 

He has put his name on the toy box and is busy telling Wagga what toys he likes. He says that because he is the baby, he is entitled to everything and anything all out together. Waggs is sitting there as though to say, oh no Mum won’t like this mess? But it’s all about settling him in. Hub now has to bond with him and my hoover has to keep working, as my cream blue and black rug is now white. My Son said the Patten can’t be seen. I guess all of Hubs suit trousers now will have a fleck in them.

 

Each time I go to cuddle the little fella, I’m told off by Hub. He says I wreck dogs. I make them into softies.

 

OK that is why he is now on the floor telling the fella “Daddy’s boy.” Whilst tickling his tummy.

 

I can’t or dare not give him a Blogget name until I know he will be staying, so far so good.

 

He is very young I think under eighteen months, but we will learn more as time goes by. I know if he is a stayer, he will have a loving home all of his life.

 

We got some more good news today. My brother in law had a word some weeks ago with his boss and asked them to help to raise or donate some money to Hubs name a guide dog Puppy after our Long Chops AKA Suki.

 

  • Can you believe they have raised £1000? So on Hubs just giving page now, he has raised with such kindness of Hubs brothers, our dear friends and my Bloggets as well as Hubs kind wonderful colleagues old and new, Total raised£1,135.63 and with the generous donation today another thousand pounds, we are over the waxing limit, this means Hub has to get his legs waxed by his colleagues and all there is to raise now is another £115. This is incredible Bloggets. It was only September when we started this page


Hub wanted to have not only his memories which will never leave him of his darling best friend  Suki, to live on, but he wanted to have another little girl with the same name running around and eventually hopefully being the eyes for another blind person, so decided to Name a pup and it costs around £2,500 to do this. I hope that one day, within the next year and a half; someone somewhere will be given the gift of independence. And the gift will be Suki. Her name will live on thanks to you all.

 

It’s been a long three months without Hubs guide dog and we miss her every day, but thanks to Guide Dogs, looks like another match for Hub now. Learned today that he the dog has complications with his eyes, we knew of one problem, but now another. It doesn’t affect his sight, or he wouldn’t be a guide dog, but it does mean there will be drops to apply and Hub is the one who will give him them. Now Hub as you know is blind, I asked him how he will do this without poking the little fella in the eye. Hub said the nurse showed him today and he had a go and she said he was better than her. Now no way I could do that, but I also cannot give my dog her pills when needing worming either, Hub gets them right down their throat and a little rub on the neck later making sure it goes down, and Bobs your uncle.

 

Was he a vet in his past? No, haha, I tell you though I think a Doctor. I have touched on why in a much earlier blog, so won’t bore you with my crazy thoughts again as I think for now, the men in white coats have forgotten about me…. It’s been a while since I wrote anything that is deep set in my mind…. Not a good place to go. When I do dare go there, oh boy…. I do wait for the men in white.

 

Anyway, I’m back home now I don’t feel good the pills from the Doctor have not really helped yet, I’m so tired and still breathless. But I’m going to have a nice hot bath and an early night. I have all sorts from the Nurse to take inhalers as well as my pills. If I’m no better by Monday, I’m going back.

 

Okay, one of the toys has been plopped on my lap now; luckily my lap top is on the arm of the chair, so dogs have not been able to type… Goodness only knows what they will write.

 

I hope tomorrow to be able to tell you more about our new fella and more about his character. Until then, with love. X

No comments: