translate

Tuesday 8 January 2019

YOU'RE HAVING A LAUGH BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I threw my microwave out last night. Well, Hub did. It went with the bulk rubbish that the bin men came to collect today. I hope. BW isn’t home from work yet so not sure what has been left, but I hope nothing. So, I have made a lovely vegan sausage casserole for Boy Wonder. It’s in the oven, nice and hot for him coming in…. only thing is, the little monkey didn’t tell me until I text him to ask where he was, that he was at the barbers! Well it’s in the oven and I hope that he will be home before the heat from the oven decides to leave the building. I guess I could give it a blast for a few moments when he comes home…

 

Hub isn’t home tonight. So only need to cook for one. The casserole does smell lovely. And I only need to scoop and serve for my Waggatail. I will miss the boy’s tonight Hub and the Little Fella. They are not too far from home, they could have come home easily, but it’s easier for Hubs Pa to stay over, as they have an early start in the morning. I think he has to do some kind of interviewing process and there are quite a few applicants.

 

My Waggs has all her cuddly toys out. They came out of the cupboard so soft and fluffy, they are now all Waggared and crispy. Yack with a capital Y.

 

I have been told that the nights are getting lighter. Fantastic. I hate the dark nights after Christmas. It’s so difficult to imagine sitting out in the garden isn’t it when it’s like this? Dark and damp. I can’t wait for Spring. My favourite season of the year. One day I dream to live in a country where it’s summer most of the year. You never know, one day that may happen.

 

Shamrock read my horoscope the other night and it said this year was going to be my year for change and a new focus. Hmm. Will this be the year I decide to publish books at last? Or at least try. I have one book with 22 thousand words in it. And then I stopped. But I know that if I put my mind to it, I could quite easily write for England. I dream of my children’s books to be published. And one day my autobiography. I had my big chance with Random House many years ago and I hid. Why? I know, but looking back it was a real mistake, but something that just had to be at that time in my life.

 

Does opportunity knock twice? I really hope so.

 

By the way before when I wrote another blog today about Luxterna, it’s only for one kind of RP and it’s the gene 65. Not for what I have whatever I do have, not sure, but someone told me that it had something to do with deaf and blind, so, so far thank God my hearing is OK. I don’t have Ushers Syndrome.

 

And so far, this treatment, is going to cost just under one million dollars. I did ask, and that is for two eyes…

 

My Hub said if there is ever treatment for RP, he will mortgage the house or sell it to get the money, at that price, not sure if our house will make much of a dent in the payment.

 

And finally, some jokes from Ian W. These are sure to put a smile upon your chops.

“A man said to me cheer up it could be worse. I replied. I know, I could be stuck in a hole underground full of water.

I know he means well.

 

My landlord wants to talk with me about my high heating bills every month. I replied. Sure, my door is always open.

 

“I scared the postman today by going to the door completely naked.

I’m not sure what scared him more, being naked, or knowing where he lived…

 

“My boss is threatening to fire the employee with the worst posture.

I have a hunch it might be me.

 

 Yesterday I gave up my seat for a blind person.

Today I lost my job as a bus driver.

 

And on that note…

 

No comments: