translate

Wednesday 16 January 2019

JUST A FEW THOUGHTS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. Lots to chat about today again. For those who have written asking about blogging, once again I am shocked that we have now had 356,000 reads. A couple of you have asked why I don’t advertise on my blog page and earn some money, well I have looked into this but knowing others who advertise, I know how difficult it is to navigate on the page if you use a screen reader if you have interruptions of adverts, so I would rather make it easy for those who can’t see to read as a person with sight. It’s impossible to guess, but out of those who have written or messaged in some way, I would say that 20 per cent of you have some kind of sight loss and that number I am sure could be a lot higher as obviously not everyone who reads writes to me.

 

Well I got my head out from the sand and listened to the news today with regards Brexit. Goodness knows what will happen next obviously Europe want to make it so difficult because they don’t want anyone else leaving as they will lose a fortune, and if we are a success, then more countries will leave. The press hates our PM, because she is a quiet lady who has no gossip in other words, no headlines. They want someone who will give them daily news. All they can do with her is put her down. It’s the bully factor I really don’t like. I can’t stand it when people gang up on others. I understand why they do it, but it’s not nice at all and those who do it, I hope one day they will have to reflect on their behaviour. Be nice people… as my dear Mum used to say, if you can’t be nice don’t say anything.

 

 In England, our petrol is a really good price compared to time gone by. Our mortgages are lower than they have been and the unemployment is lower than before. Leaving Europe will be challenging for a while, but then we will be strong again. If you have a house with a leaking roof, a boiler that doesn’t work and cracked windows, but you work and your money and all your machines and tools, are sent to other houses to fix their roofs etc, then what benefit is it to you? You are getting rained on, you are cold in winter, no hot water and you feel insecure as someone can come in and take over. To me this is a simple way of explaining why we need to leave the European Union.

 

We obviously can still be friends, so they won’t be getting our money, is that what it’s all about? Stuff feelings and think about the money. Obviously, we will still help charities abroad, that’s what we do. Just let us keep our tools and be allowed to use them again to fix what’s broken.

 

Well my love is back late tonight. About half nine. I can’t wait to see him. I expect he will be exhausted as it’s such a long way where he is.

 

In our news, we are to have a month of snow and ice. Yep, it’s called winter guys…

 

Why do zebra’s have stripes? Nothing to do with camouflage, but to keep horseflies away researchers have discovered.

So, don’t bin your old stripy t/shirt.

 

Reading some science today, headlines that got me reading further was (Bacteria in your gut reveals your true age) opposed to what? I mean, I know my true age… so, I thought I would read on and share what I tried to translate into words I can understand. Science isn’t my first language. But here goes

 

The billions of bacteria in your gut may help to regulate everything from how your immune system functions, to how you digest food.

Researchers have found that your gut has a perfect biological clock able to predict most people’s age, within years.

   The team did a huge test on three age groups. Using a computer, a deep learning algorithm modelled on how neurons work.

They asked the program to predict peoples age and it was so accurate lifestyle what you eat, drink etc and your sleeping pattern effects the bacteria. The researchers said that this   microbiome aging clock could be used as a baseline to test the speed a person’s gut is ageing and whether things like alcohol, antibiotics diet and so on could have any effect on longevity and help with people who have long term diseases like Alzheimer’s to see if their microbiomes differ from the healthy people in their study. In short, I think the benefit from this research is to predict if long term medicines for example, has any negative effects on the gut. I guess if they do, then what?  change medication perhaps?

 

They say that there are huge differences in people’s guts around the world, so they want to see I guess who or which group of people in what countries, have the healthiest guts and look into what they do differently.

 

Other headlines are researchers design a cancer busting protein without the side effects. That’s sounds good, but genetic engineering could create spicy tomatoes, how is that good news? If you want spice, add spice for goodness sake. Stop playing with science and do something useful please? Also, China sprouts cotton plants on the moon…

 So, plants are now growing on the surface of the moon. Cotton, potato seedlings and rapeseed. All growing in a canister parked on the far side of the moon. I guess next will be incubators!!!

 

And on that thought a couple more, to end todays blog.

Why is a person who is to invest your money, called a Broker?

Why is it that if someone tells you there are 1 billion stars in the universe, you will believe them, but if they tell you that wall has wet paint, you have to touch it to be sure?

Why is there no mouse flavoured cat food? And finally, by working faithfully for eight hours per day may get you to be boss, but then you find you are working 12 hours per day, who is better off?

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: