translate

Wednesday 9 January 2019

DIARY OF DID YOU HEAR ME BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. A couple of years ago, I would have started with the heading, teens… but I can’t say that now, as my teen, well, isn’t a teen any longer. Haha.

I sent my Son a text at quarter to five tonight… asking where was he as he was due to finish work at four. Telling him that I had his dinner ready, as I had no microwave now because it went out with the rubbish. So, couldn’t heat it up. I told him it was casserole. He replied, lovely, thanks Mum, sounds lovely. I’m at the barbers will be home within the hour.

 

Which our, the one between 4 and 5? Or the hour from when I text him?

 

5.30pm. no Boy Wonder. I had to turn the oven right down ages earlier as it would have gone so dry. So, I called him to tell him. No answer.

 

Quarter past six. I called him again. How much hair does he have? Answer, none hardly. A fifteen-minute job?

 

6.30 he called me. Hi Mum. I went to the car shop, then the barbers. I got a cut throat…””

(Nice)

Will be home in ten minutes. Great Son, hopefully your dinner will still be OK?

“Oh, Mum. You didn’t say you had cooked anything!””

Em, I text you to say about the microwave not being here anymore and I was trying to keep your casserole hot in the oven. You even said thanks Mum sounds lovely…””

“Oh, can’t remember that Mum. Just Tom is in the car and we are going straight to the gym after I get changed…””

 

Well whilst Boy Wonder was getting ready for the gym, Tom and I had a good catch up. He’s such a lovely lad. I was so pleased to see how well he’s doing as poor soul, he lost his Mum to cancer when he was only 17. Leaving him and his sister. My heart broke for that boy and I was so proud of our Son as he really cared for his pal at that awful time.

 

   Three hours later he came from the gym after having a wonderful time. It was great to see him after being with his friend. I hope they can get back to those days, they used to go all the time, but suddenly it stopped. I did wonder if it was because Shamrock started to go along, as Tom is really shy.

 

Talking of Sham, she came around too, it was great with Hub being away, I was pleased of the company. She came armed with her box of chocolates Hub put in her stocking for Christmas. We felt so sorry for her last year when we learned she had never had a stocking. She said Irish people don’t do that tradition… Well she is half English, so this year we got her one.

 

Now some news and views. A man has been accused of stealing their flat mate’s lotto ticket which was a winning ticket that got him $10,000,000. Hmm. Now what would you do. Your flat mate has her ticket on the coffee table. She’s out, you just happen to check the numbers… you learn she’s won…. What do you do?

Ooooooooooo

Personally, I would have to tell her/him that I checked their ticket and they have won. I couldn’t steal it.

But that’s because I’m such a goody two shoes…

Hehehehehe

 

Mysterious radio signals from deep space has been heard. Not by me Bloggets, but the people in the know. The press are asking, could it be aliens?

 

Samsung have invented a robot that will care for you in your old age…

What do you think of that? Personally, I would rather have a robot than a person. Shocked you? I think there will be less humiliation.

 

Other headlines that caught my eye, well, ears, (How to wear ankle boots)

Em, on your feet?

 

And on that note, I shall go for now. I will be back later. X

 

 

 

No comments: