translate

Friday 11 January 2019

THE JAM DIARY OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon from here or morning, evening or whenever wherever you are right now… I have had a great conversation with my friend JB today. We have put the world right. If our better world hasn’t got to you yet, hopefully it will come soon… Time difference an all. Haha.


Started this morning with my breakfast of crumpets and what I got from our besties for Christmas. They bought us a beautiful gift set full of jams and every jar is different. So, fancy. Really unusual shapes. Well, I opened a jar a couple of days ago. To my horror, it was lemon curd. I hate lemon curd as does Hub, so, I didn’t want to waste it, so I decided to have some on some crumpets.

Oh, wow, it was delicious. I have never liked that stuff my Mum loved it when I was a child, she would try to get me to eat it but no way, it wasn’t happening.


So, with my crumpets and lemon curd and a cup of tea, I took in the morning. It was so peaceful. My dog by my side. She is so full of love especially in the mornings. She is so glad to see me and like a cat greets me by wrapping herself around my leg… really odd for a dog.


At my table of comforting food, my heater was all toasty warm, a single bird sang in the bitter cold outside, I reflected on my close friends. I’m blessed to have them. To Hub and myself, our friends are our family. Especially the ones we have had since boarding school. And that was who bought us the lovely gift. Hub got a nut hamper too. My Brother and my sister in law, bought him a coffee hamper which was full of coffee’s and nice biscuits. So, hampers were big in our house this year as that is what we bought Hubs brother and sister in law too. A hamper with tea, cakes and biscuits as well as I think toffee’s in. They bought me a beautiful jewellery box made from stunning wood with elephants carved on it I love it. It’s so different.


It’s after two in the afternoon. I can’t believe how long my friend and I have been talking. We were talking about boarding school, as we both went to the same school to start with. And parents… How different they could be. Her and I had really good parents. We were the lucky ones. and she made me laugh by saying about someone we know who went out in a lovely new jacket. This person is blind. Well, when he went to the toilet, my friend admired his jacket which he left on the back of his chair. When he went to leave, he said he had just ought the jacket. Well my other friend said yes, you can tell as you still have the label in it… well he said no he has removed all the labels from the neck, but this label was hanging under the arm on the outside. Gosh, what a stupid place to put a label on? But then I thought about it, it’s perfect, as if the label is on the inside, well you could tuck it in and wear the jacket and then take it back next day, right? I knew someone who did that you know, it was so bad, she used to boast about doing so. She would order some clothes from a catalogue, wear them and then send them back. Shocking. This person who had the jacket, would have paid a lot of money for it, as he spends a fortune on his clothes. Bless though, as he got a bus to the restaurant where he met with a few friends. Hahahaha. On the bus I said to my friend, people wouldn’t be close enough to know it was a shop label, they would think it was because he was blind, in case he got lost. Hahaha. Seriously, sighted people do think very strange things of us.


So Bloggets, check under your arms for labels… and on the outside I believe that is so you can’t take them off and exchange because it doesn’t fit, as you wouldn’t need to remove the label to know if it fits, it’s clever for the shops to think about that. Unless that’s all a load of rubbish and they just stuck an extra label on the coat…


Talking of rubbish, I’m pleased to say our bulk collection people took our stuff away. I hope that is the last time for a couple of years we have to do that. We spend a lot of money per year on getting stuff picked up and again, it’s just something else that blind people have to pay for because we can’t drive to the tip. So, we pay for a collection.


Boy Wonder and Shamrock cooked last night. They are funny in the kitchen. Bless they always ask if Hub and I want to share their meal, but we have always eaten by then. It’s been nice having them here for the past couple of nights. But I guess BW will be at Shams tonight as she’s off work tomorrow and BW is too. I think, unless he picks overtime up again. But you never know, they may do three nights in a row. Our house is so quiet when they are not hear. And our dogs love them. Mainly because they feed them and then they, the kids get told off from us for doing so….

Did you know, apples, pears and plums, belong to the rose family?

It’s written that one fast food hamburger may be made from 100 different cows.


It’s Friday, nothing planned for this weekend apart from Hub and I are getting our hair cut tomorrow. I’m so on the edge of being tempted to get my hair cut short… My Husband said he would be so very sad, and he puts a very sad voice on when he tells me. If I get my hair cut, he would be upset… my friends tell me not to do it. I just don’t know. My hair doesn’t grow fast and if I were to get it short, I think I would get my friend James to do it, and James isn’t doing it tomorrow, we are getting it done more local.


Hub is away again next week. A very long train journey and staying over. I learned yesterday he did some kind of training course. He enjoyed it.  Today he is in his local office. Office number one I call it as it’s his baby. But Hub wants to try to think of all his offices being the same… not to favourite any. So, I guess my intervention doesn’t help. Haha.


Well I’m going to harness my Waggatail up and take her around the block popping in at the chemist to try to see what they have for sore throats. By the way I called my Doctors as I don’t want this lasting as long as Hubs has had his cold for, guess when I could see my Doctor? Go on, take a guess?

March.


I think I may be better by then?





No comments: