translate

Monday 14 January 2019

THE GHOST WITH THE CHEESE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. We have just got in from a family meal. The three of us went to a Southern Indian restaurant. The staff are the nicest people I have ever met. So incredibly polite. The only trouble is, I feel so ill still. This morning I didn’t think I would be able to get out of bed. But I did. Though have no energy. Also, my apatite is so ridiculously small, after the first course, I thought I was going to burst. No way after one taste of the main, I had to hand my food over to Hub who had with confidence ploughed through his starter and main course with such enthusiasm. Everything from Southern India, is so different to the Indian restaurants we have been to before.

 

Hub said that we should come there with our lovely Indian neighbours. My Son suggested that they may be offended as our friend is a fantastic cook, but I’m sure she would enjoy the food and to have an evening off cooking, though she still will cook for her children, unless they come too. But I would love to go out with them as they are great people and so clever. Hub and I love to talk with them.

 

This afternoon we watched the movie Bridgett Jones Diary.  Hub has never seen it before, I have many times as I used to adore Hugh Grant. His looks, but now I’m blind, they mean nothing, and it’s funny how I wanted the main actress who plays (Bridget) to be with Hugh when I could see, now I’m blind, I’m happy for her to be with the other guy Colin Firth. It was funny though a little naughty. The music from the film too is fantastic.

 

Interesting isn’t it how your opinion can change from being able to see, then you can’t, and how you judge people?

 

We have a program called The Voice where by a singer comes on. The Judges have their chairs turned so their backs are facing the singer. If they like what they hear they turn their chair. Now I think when that show first came out, it was genuine. But we have watched that with our Son, and there have been amazing singers on who have not been picked. And when I ask my boy what the person looks like, eventually we get from him they were not good looking. I say eventually, as my boy will never say someone is ugly or large or too skinny. He is so sweet.      

 

So, I think now days they know what kind of person is on the stage. A girl sang last night, she was dreadful. But 17, years old and she got through, BW wasn’t watching with us yesterday, so not sure if she was pretty. But then a man had the best voice. And Hub has voice coach training, as that is what he used to do, so, he knows who sounds good and doesn’t. this man was amazing. But didn’t get picked. I really wished it was genuine like when the show first came out. As I’m sure now it’s a bit of a con… though I watch the program as the stunning singer Sir Tom Jones is one of the judges. If not for him, not sure I would watch it.

 

BW drove us to the restaurant so no need for a taxi. It was lovely to spend time with him.

Now he is upstairs with super glue. Hmm. He’s trying to fix his drawers. Hub and I are chilling and waiting for our Sunday night TV.

Hub is away this week again. This time a four-hour long train journey. So, staying overnight. There are times when I wish he had a 9 to 5 job end of. But he never has had and never will.

 Tomorrow morning, I shall be ironing his shirts for the week.

I can’t wait until I’m ironing short sleeved shirts as I need some sun now. my son said I am as white as a ghost… why are ghosts considered white? And why typically on TV in old movies, do they have a white sheet over their head? Haha.

 

From the Bible to Macbeth, ghosts have been stories of interest and intrigue. The idea that the departed stay with us in their own way, is kind of comforting. But it can’t just be in our minds as what some people see, smell and hear, are far too strong to pass as our imaginations. In my case, I don’t even have to be thinking of a person and I will experience something that I can’t really put in words unless I want to sound mad. So, you may be saying, Fifi, why change a habit of a lifetime? Cheeky chops… indeed why, that is why I do talk openly about ghosts/spirits in some of my blogs.

 

They say spirits become more apparent at night time, now, this could be because it’s dark, we may be on our own, or what the experts say, there is less electrics going on such as lights. Spirits mustn’t like lights…

 

Albert Einstein may have postulated a scientific bases for the existence of ghosts. Since energy cannot create or destroyed but only change its form, so, what becomes of our energy when we die? Could it be manifested as a ghost?

 

I wonder if mice can come back as ghosts? Smile.

We still have our mouse. The little thing is visiting and using our house/loft as a tunnel. There is no damage only footsteps dancing on our ceiling.   

   

I can’t stand it. We have been using the humane trap, but no luck catching it. When we used the not so kind trap last year and the year before, as I have written before, we have a mouse every single Christmas. We have caught it and in last years case, them as we caught three.  But they were killed and now having a vegan so much an animal rights person as our Son, we have tried other methods of trapping the little blighter. Another few days then sadly the mouse is getting it as I can’t be doing with the damage it may cause.

 

Our friends have mice and have so far caught four in the humane trap, so it’s working for them. Our friends   live an hour away and I have written before if they get the council out to trap the mice, it costs them £20. For us, living here, £500 plus. I couldn’t believe the difference. Our hairdresser was telling us that she has one. They too can’t catch it. But they have seen it in their kitchen. Oh, my goodness…. So rather than the council coming out, they paid a local catcher. £260. So, half price, but he hasn’t caught any. The odd thing is, she has had no damage either. This is so unusual for mice.

 

We live in a detached house, so if we were linked, I would think okay, the mouse is coming through the houses through the lofts, but no, it’s only visiting us, as I asked our neighbours and they say they haven’t heard anything. Well it could b our hearing is more in touch with things, and they haven’t heard them as they only come during the night to us, and we, or I am a night owl, so awake to hear them.

 

Well I hope this week is better for you than last week and if it’s not, then there is always next week. Until later best wishes.

 

 

No comments: