translate

Tuesday 29 January 2019

UP WITH THE LARKS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Up with the larks as my Dad used to say. A busy morning is planned and then out to a busy afternoon that wasn’t, planned.

 

Our house wakes up normally about the time I’m just starting to go to sleep… And then it is like a train station. Hub and our Son get up really early, or at the same time, and then we have defrosting the car moment. Sometimes BW stays at his gf’s so he comes home even earlier, to make his breakfast and lunch for work.

 Because we have wood floors, the thud of footsteps beneath me is really loud. Footsteps up and down the stairs internal doors opening and closing, Hubs coffee machine and dishes in the kitchen. Dog bells from their collars and this is before those blooming larks start to sing. Actually, what does a lark’s song sound like? Haha, never heard one, well I have to check this out, hang on a mo jo.

 

Alright, I’m back after searching the sound of a lark. I have to say the example I found on UTube wasn’t exactly a sweet song. Two notes and so, monotonous. That’s a good word to spell, monotonous, four O’s. I guess if there wasn’t a repeat of letters, it wouldn’t be monotonous? ()

 

Hub is in our home town working today but won’t be home until eight tonight. BW’s working over time again, too, so a late dinner for us all. Good job as not sure I will be back until after four.

 

Browsing the areas to live and keep coming back to Tynemouth, a beautiful part of the country to live. Not far from where I come from. I would love to live near the sea. Just the smell of the ocean and the sound of the sea bashing against the rocks. In summer the children screaming with laughter on the sand. But my Husbands perfect house would be in the middle of nowhere. And he brought me to a city? Haha. I gently remind him of that when we are trying to enjoy an afternoon in the sun in summer when we are breathing in fumes and having to wear special ear protection…. Well, not quite… not with the ear muffs but we do breathe in awful fumes.

  

Hmm… who knows where our future will end up? One day we will just find the perfect place when the time is right. A two-bedroom bungalow would do me nice. Only trouble is, two bed bungalows Are so small. I loved my last house so much. I miss that house. My Son loves it here though he says he is delighted to have moved from Northumberland. He is a city boy. I’m not really sure why either. It worries me that our future grandchildren will be brought up with this awful air. 

 

I’m trying to find out for Dear friend and Blogget Carrie if there is a RP convention in America this year? If you know, please can you let me know? Not the social event but the actual convention where there are speakers discussing latest research etc. I have asked loads of people and even Googled it, but can’t seem to find anywhere.

 

I’m sure you will have heard of a good luck four leaf clover? Did you know that only one in ten thousand clovers have four leaves. It could be the result of a recessive gene, a somatic mutation, the influence of the environment or a combination of all three. And I guess that is why it’s called a good luck four leaf clover, as it’s rare so if you find one, it’s lucky.

 

Hub was telling me yesterday that he was reading about a lift/elevator, that had gone very wrong and took the people screaming up and down thirty times. Oh, my goodness, that freaked Hub out, he hates lifts. Sorry for my readers who are not English, elevators…. And then today I was reading about a poor cleaner in America who was trapped in her bosses lift all weekend…. Hopefully not with her boss?  That’s so wrong. (On so many levels)

 

Smile of the day, did you hear about the lady who got sacked from her job in a calendar factory? All she did was take a day off.

 

After yesterdays blog on funny signs. “I saw a sign for a burial plot, and I thought to myself. That’s the last thing I need.””

 

Since I started to write this, Steve has given this information in a group I’m in.

The next FFB Visions conference is in June 2020.

 

OK, going to get ready for the office. X

 

 

 

No comments: