translate

Monday 21 January 2019

BLUE MONDAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day to you dear Bloggets. Well today is known as blue Monday. Every email I haven’t opened today, just by the heading which put me off, was talking about whatever company could cheer me up on this dreadful day, take away my blues etc. well I wasn’t blue thank you for your concern… but why is it called Blue Monday? The concept apparently was first published as part of a 2005 press release from holiday company Sky travel which claimed to have calculated the date using an equation. But I think in the UK for example it’s more like we have ran out of money. We get paid a couple of days before Christmas, so, about the 23rd. so we expect to get paid every four weeks. It’s four weeks and our credit cards are coming in needing paying and we haven’t had our monthly wage yet, also we have said bye bye to friends and family, got our houses sorted out tidy again after the big event and we now sit back and think, right, now what? kind of an empty feeling mixed in with we haven’t managed to stick with our New Year’s Resolution, and the credit card bill that has come through our post box. Or it could well just be a marketing day all the companies have got together and said let’s try this one with the public. Tell them we can make them feel better then they will think buying from us will cheer them up even though they were already cheerful…. Before our emails that is, and pamphlets through their doors.

 

For those who really do suffer with depression, it’s a bit of a sick joke. As if every person can feel blue on one day only. And as if a simple cure is to book a holiday or buy an outfit? The term to feel blue dates from the 15th century. But blue is a beautiful colour at the end of the day. Don’t you think?

 

Blue, it’s a pretty word from a lovely whale to music genre. Personally, I can’t stand blues music, but so many of you love it. I think as far as music, the blues, comes from 1912, I didn’t realise it originated that late in life? for some reason, I thought it was older than that.

 

Putting blue screens around people whilst working, has been found to lead improvements in creative problem-solving abilities. Mosquitoes are attracted to the colour blue too.

 

I was reading today about the humble keyboard and typing. The first commercial successful typewriter was patented by Sholes Glidden and Soule about 151 years ago. The world record for typing the English Alphabet for A, to, Z, is 1.36 seconds. Oh, wow, let’s all try and see how long we can do that in? I shall let you know on the next line, give me a second, or a bit longer. Haha.

Oh, my, I was so anxious. I think it’s not logical to type letters that make no sense, and because I knew I was being tested, I had mini brain blocks it took me 11 seconds. How long did it take you to write the 26 letters without a space?

 

BW and Shamrock are off for a walk in the woods, this time not with the pigs… It will be good for them to get out in the fresh air. He’s back at work tomorrow after a few days holiday. I’m so proud of what he has and is, achieving at work. And he seems to be working with a great bunch of people. Hub is all over the country again this week. He’s back in my home town this week again. The way things are, we may as well move back to Newcastle.

 

   Thank you for your messages about yesterday’s blog, you are so kind and supportive. It’s funny as one lovely Blogget and my friend Terry, wrote that they don’t get offered a menu in restaurants and Terry is partially sighted in fact has really good vision. Wears glasses, an yet we are totally blind but still get offered a menu. Haha. Crazy world.

 

And on that note. I’m off to cook. Cook what? not sure. I can’t get warm today. It’s so cold outside but our house has heating, though I am freezing. To be honest, I would just go to bed and sleep. I think the kids are cooking their dinner tonight. So only Hub and myself to cook for. we are going to have Master Chef in our kitchen again with BW and Sham. Later with love.

 

No comments: