translate

Thursday 10 January 2019

BOILING BLOOD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Boiling blood is rushing behind my eyes. Well, at least that is what it feels like. Someone is sitting on my chest. I can hardly breathe. Thanks Hub you are so kind passing your painful throat and what comes with it to me…. We share everything Hub and myself…

 

Hub has been unwell for 15 days at least, in fact much more than that as he started with a cold on the 20th of December. So, today is the 10th of January. 21 days? Gosh, I hope I don’t have it that long.

 

So many people I know have this our friends we spent time with at the weekend also have had their bad throats for a while. My other friend I was chatting to on the phone yesterday said lots of her friends are ill and have been for over two weeks. So, what is it not sure as normally people don’t have a sore throat for more than a week?

 

I’m just so pleased I don’t have to give any talks for a while as I sound like I have smoked 40 cigarettes for 30 years. For those of you who live in the UK, you may be aware of the news reader Fiona Bruce. Well I’m doing a rather good impression of her deep voice right now…

 

My window cleaners have just been. They have to be the nicest workmen in the world. I owed them from their last visit. I wasn’t aware that they came. Well they say I owe them half the money as they did half the house in December.

Still trying to work out where I was, as it was a Tuesday and I just can’t think where I was as I didn’t go far in December. I think I could have been in the back garden doing something rather than out as in out out, unless I was at a local shop.

 

I made a mushroom and garlic soup yesterday. It was a disaster. My Son says it was 10 out of 10, but I would have given it more like 1 out of 10. I really don’t know where I went wrong but it ended up so very thin and considering how many mushrooms and garlic I put in, it really had no taste. So today part of it will go to make a gravy for dinner and the rest will be thrown out.

 

Hub won’t be in until later on tonight again. He’s in Nottingham today. Not sure what he is doing, but he had a very early start leaving the house at quarter past seven.

 

BW left at half six this morning. And my brother in law text me to tell me he was just in from nightshift at seven, so he was about to go to bed… I was saying yesterday to my friend people don’t work like they used to. There have always been night shifts. But most people when I was young worked about half seven eight till four or five. Now times are everywhere. This is why the roads are never quiet. The shops are always busy.

 

I’m glad I went out yesterday with Wagga as today I really can’t be bothered to take her out. Hence, she is hyper and keeps bringing me her toys. I went out with her before to throw her toy up and down the garden. She could do that all day. No kidding. She would never tire. She loves it. She’s like a boomerang. Well now she keeps bringing me her toys, and puts them on my knee. One went on my lap top and I have one wresting against my left elbow. One has landed on the coffee table next to me. What will happen when she runs out of toys? Will she just sit next to me with those pleading eyes that I can not see? Answer, yes, she will, and I will give in and play with her then feel like death again.

I hope I don’t have this as long as everyone I know has had it for.

 

I took Waggatail for a local walk yesterday, gosh it was so very cold. Icy. And we are forecast to have a bitter winter. When I got home, I was only out about half an hour, I felt as if I had Botox. I could feel my face thoring.

   

When LF got in from Newcastle, he was exhausted. Hub said he doesn’t understand it as LF slept all day next to Hub whilst he did eight interviews. Saying that LF can’t be tired, as he really did nothing. Well I said even when our dogs are looking like they are sleeping, they’re not really, they are always on guard. They have to be aware of what could happen or what they could be asked to do.

 

Hub still regards Newcastle as home. He said it’s his most favourite place he has lived. He says its home to him and always will be. I was heartbroken leaving there, but really, I doubt we will ever live back there, but you never know, s Hub would move tomorrow.

 

You would think he would have sad memories of that place as that is where he was sent to boarding school. Bless him he was telling me the other day that there was a huge dog who belonged to the caretaker of the school. The only way they could calm him down when he was a tiny child was to let him stroke this dog. He was only three when he was sent away, I ache for him. People just don’t realise what damage is caused by sending their children away so young. It never leaves us. It makes us who we are today. I know how bad I have been affected and I was six when I went.

 

Sham said to BW she was going to cook him a curry last night. Well luckily, he had some soup as by the time it was cooked, it was after ten. Haha. Bless her, I think she had people to transport after her long day at work too. She is the youngest of four and the only one who can drive. Her Mum can’t drive either. So, she get’s a lot of people asking her for lifts. Her brother’s girlfriend also can’t drive and asks to be picked up. She’s kind to her family though and does what is asked of her. But then to finish a long day at work, pick up people from their work then have to start to cook her dinner?

 

Our shopping came the other day and BW was so pleased to see some of the vegan foods that I had bought. People always ask, what can vegans eat? I say same as me in the respect as nothing with a face, but no eggs or milk and no butter. But you can buy vegan butter and milk. In fact, I was reading an article from the BBC yesterday  saying, plant milk is on the rise for sales.  You can buy hard cheese well vegan cheese, but we have given up on that as it’s disgusting. But the cream cheese is nice. Ish. BW loves it. This morning before work he had vegan bacon. And you can get the sausages pies and lots more. Even duck…

 

 One of our motorways was blocked off yesterday as police were looking and searching trucks. My first thought was terrorist. But no, not quite. A truck was stopped the driver was arrested as in his vehicle, were 27 migrants. One person can sneak in your truck, but not 27…

 

In our news, UK’s 100 million pounds 1,200mph supersonic jet, ready for war…

Nice…

And what do we have and what have we spent our money on for something peaceful?

 

Meghan Markle has been handed two new jobs by the Queen. I wonder what she gets per hour? Haha.

 

And finally, just a thought. There are three of you. Bob has just found out this week he has RP. My eye disease. Well, not just mine… He drives, works in a very sighted environment and is married with two grown up children, his eldest Son is waiting for their first child/Bob’s Grandchild.

 

Second person, Ben has had RP for years. His vision is poor now. looks like he is going to have to leave his job, as it’s also a visual job. and is married with two grown up children, his eldest Son is waiting for their first child Ben’s Grandchild.

 

The third person, Bess, is totally blind. She has been blind her whole adulthood. She was made reduntant last year but hasn’t been able to find work just yet, and money is running out. She needs work ASAP. and is married with two grown up children, her eldest Son is waiting for their first child Bess’s Grandchild.

 

They are all offered a one-off experimental treatment that may, restore vision enough to see a little in the dark, read letters and see faces. Even drive eventually, if their treatment works.

 

But there is a 50% chance that A, with this one-off injection, they may lose all of their vision and once gone, gone for good. B, if that happens, they will never be offered treatment again as the damage will be big. And C, if they go for this treatment, they can not except other treatments in the future if the outcome is bad for them, even if just some of their vision comes back, they have to sign something a paper to say they will never get eye treatment with regards RP again.

 

Would you go for the treatment? If I did you may think I have nothing to lose. Well what if I don’t get any sight back and I have blocked my chance to receive treatment in the future?

But there again, it may, work for me.

Bob has almost full sight, he could take thirty years before he loses his eyesight, if he takes this treatment, it could make him totally blind, now, but if he takes the injection and it works, then he need never worry again giving his family a relief as of late since he found out about his diagnoses, he has been in one heck of a mood. Scared and depressed. But he loves his job. And he so badly wants to see his Grandchild.

 

And back to Bess, she’s like me really. Already blind, but could loose out in the future if it goes wrong now. if she just waits, perhaps 3, 4 or ten years, she could be offered a 100% chance of a cure. Or, does she take that risk now and hope she can spend the next years with vision.

 

Personally, I would have to wait. Now when I first went blind and this would be offered to me, I would have gone for the treatment now. I couldn’t live in the blind world on this sighted earth. But now, yeah, I would wait. Just would  always wonder though. Over to you.

 

 

 

No comments: