translate

Tuesday 15 January 2019

KINDNESS AND MORE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. I hope you are all well? I went out today with my dog to our local bakery to buy some vegan sausage roles. The bakery is called Greg’s and they have just started to make these sausage roles for vegans. My Son brought me one in last week and I was totally not expecting to like it, oh, my they are delicious. They are selling out so fast by lunch time there are never any left, so I discovered today. It’s been on our news that they are selling much more of those than meat ones. Great, I hope it continues. Then maybe they will make pies too.

 

BW’s girlfriend prefers them to meat ones and she says by 11 where she works, there are none left. Not sure why they don’t make more? I wonder if it is just a phase because they are new?

 

Let’s say Waggatail wasn’t her best today, but it was really busy and my Waggs doesn’t do busy… Unless she is in our garden… (An in joke for UK Guide Dog owners)

 

A great conversation with my old friend, old as in friend for years to end a good day. She and I can talk for England. She had a knee operation months ago and still is really suffering if she kicks something with her foot, well, what else would you kick something with Fi?

 

Some time ago, Hubs Father had a knee operation and he was absolutely fine afterwards, my poor friend has been unlucky, but her op was quite something else.

 

Another friends Mum had a hip replacement ten years ago and is to get another soon. I didn’t know but they only last ten years… and you can only have so many I can’t remember if it’s two, or three in total, whether that is knee or hip, not sure as it was my friends Mum who was telling me about her hip. Saying they want to try to spread her operations out as the next one will be her last one. She is in her seventies now, so eighties will be in pain again, but she will have already had her last chance… unless they are able to do something else by then? My friend is only 52, so what on earth will she do if hers only lasts ten years? Well hopefully, it’s only for hips they are like that with, having said that my lovely sister in law also has had a hip op, so again, she isn’t old, so what will happen to her?

 

Oh, gosh, I pray I never need anything like that. Hence why I’m trying to get out and move more. I have to go to the Doctors to get a check-up… I don’t think they are going to be best pleased with me unless I really try to change, so I am trying to get out for faster walks even if it’s only to the local shop and back.

 

I’m dreading tonight as my cold is still really bad. Nights and morning times are the worst. In fact, not sure how poor Hub managed to sleep last night as I coughed all night.

 

Hub is doing a four-hour long train journey today. Considering how small England is, that’s a long way to travel by train.

 

Hub and I were talking about time gone by last night and Russia. He would love to go there to Moscow that is. Personally, I wouldn’t like to go back. People I knew there once are now ghosts and their grave yards are left without love. But I knew some really interesting people once upon a time.

 

It’s funny but sad, remember the days when kids used to leave home for a place of their own? Well a few people I have been speaking with of late they were actually left by their parent… I guess this is a change of the times. Married people are splitting up now days. So, leaving the family home. In three cases of late, every Husband has left the house to the wife… and the wife can’t afford to stay in the house, so they move out and leave their grown upish, children in the house giving them the choice of either paying rent and at no deduction, or finding somewhere else to live but firstly, the Mothers have left the kids… three of those stories in a month.

 

Gosh I personally couldn’t do that. Even if I moved into a one-bedroom house and I slept in the sitting room and gave our boy the bedroom. Or vice versa.

 

Another case I know of the Mother just doesn’t want to know her kids as every time she looks at them, she is reminded of her ex Husband. Isn’t that so sad? Those poor kids.

 

As I say though, being a parent is the most difficult job ever. There is no rule book. there are a few advisory words out there from so called experts, but what makes an expert?  If I could turn back time, would I do anything different with my Son? A few things yes, but the major things that I have done to try to shape his future I don’t really have any regrets. As what I did may not have been the best thing, but at the time I had no other choice. As I have analysed life and circumstances prohibited me from taking another path. But fact is, we can’t turn back time. And if we advise our kids, they won’t listen, it’s kind of like something everyone as humans have to go through, making their own mistakes.

 

What is a good parent? In my opinion, making sure you tell your child you love them every single day. Feeding them the best food not most expensive, just healthy food. Taking them for check-ups at the Doctors and dentist and actually opticians, the latter, is one thing I should have done with my Son, but I just didn’t have the support at the time if I were to be told my Son had RP. If God forbid our Grandchildren have my eye disease, then hopefully I would be stronger for my Son and his future wife. But way back then I just was dealing with my own situation that was really difficult.

 

I would say to give your child everything positive and good for them opening doors that they have no key for. not to see your child go through sadness that you went through. To try to make sure that they don’t make the same mistakes that you made, but again, sadly in most cases, they have to do what is in a plan we don’t have access to, or perhaps they will end up going down a road that is so wrong.

 

And when our parents die, then we are at the top of the tree of life. this is a scary place, as where do we get advice from? Our parents have sadly gone, where do we turn? And that is when we may get stuck with our own kids.

 

I don’t believe anyone is perfect, do you?

Just be the best you can, be kind and treat others the way you would like to be treat. Never look down on anyone, unless you are bending down to pick them up.

 

“Be kind for everyone you meet as they may be fighting a battle you know nothing about.”” Wendy Mass.

If you hear a kind word spoken, of some worthy soul you know, it may fill his heart with sunshine, if you’d only tell him so.

Remember if someone isn’t being kind, then often there is something going very wrong in their lives. If they keep being unkind, then you need to walk away from them. Don’t let yourself get beat up every day. Why should you?

 

It’s time to cook now our evening meal. I must say, I’m looking forward to summer salads. I can’t even start to think what to make tonight. I shall be back later. Take care.

 

 

 

No comments: