translate

Thursday 17 January 2019

DIARY OF ALL IN A DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets I hope I find you well. sieving through your emails today I came across one lovely person who needs good thoughts now. I have sent them and hope that positivity will surround her and her family.

 

It’s a beautiful sunny crisp day. My Husband is just over an hour away in one of his offices. He got home last night just before half nine. He wasn’t as tired when he got through the door as I thought he would be but he slept really well. At least I fell asleep at about 3 ish today, woke up just after four and back again after ten minutes at least of coughing. My ribs are killing. But I do today feel a little more alive. The past few days have been a blur as the lurgy ate me up.

 

Sadly, I think our Son has it now, but he’s a fighter and can operate when ill. Me I go into shutdown.

BW is off today to the woods to be chased I’m sure by pigs…

Because if you go down to the woods today, be sure of a big surprise…

No teddy bears, but pigs roam these woods.

 

All rescued pigs from the pot. I only can hope whilst my boy is there, he doesn’t get involved in some kind of animal rights activity. He’s doing grand by not eating them…

 

I wonder if it will change Shams mind about eating her bacon sandwich? Haha. Somehow, I doubt it. Poor thing, I think she will really dislike it. The pigs will be as tall as her. She’s only five feet I would be terrified if I were her, hang on, I would be terrified if it was me, but I’m glad BW has gone as he has wanted to do this for a year now.

 

Thank you for your lovely messages of late and a huge thank you to Mr C. Your words meant the world to me yesterday and I’m so grateful for your wisdom and advice. You are just a good guy to know and trust.

 

Planning a lovely weekend and I can’t wait for this weekend. Hub has worked so hard this past couple of weeks, it will be great just to have uninterrupted time together.

 

 All ready the Easter chocolate is in our shops you know. It’s not Easter for goodness sake until the 21st of April. Three months away. I know what they want, they want us to buy chocolate not be able to resist it and buy again. I’m just going to do BW an Easter basket. I can buy his vegan treats. You never know, you may be able to buy vegan Easter eggs… I’m still learning what you can buy and what you can’t. He’s into shredded vegan duck right now. I still can not get into vegan meat substitute, but I totally have respect for those who can. It was on our news today that the advice to save the planet is to have plant-based diets and not eat red meat and in the UK, it is vegan January. This is so good and I hope for the future children, the majority will not eat the flesh of animals. I know the older generation, my Husband included not to eat meat is a big no no, but since he was ill, he has stopped eating red meat. So, for health reasons, even if you stop eating red meat and only eat white, then you are not only saving the planet but you are helping your health. So many Doctors now are coming out trying to encourage people not to eat red meat. I don’t because I love animals and I know what suffering they go through to get to our plate. But for those who want to eat it I can sit at a table and enjoy a meal with them, where as my Son struggles with that.

September we were invited to buy for Christmas which obviously was in December. In April, we will be encouraged to buy fireworks for Guy Fawkes night on the 5th of November.

 

I can’t believe this year is three years since our lovely canary died. Oh, I still miss him. He was Irish you know… smile, old Bloggets will remember him I’m sure. I miss his singing, that is why we got an Irish canary, as they have a lovely song, if you get a boy that is. The girls don’t sing… It would be no good getting one again, as firstly Hub is absolutely terrified of birds, as am I. not sure if it is because we can’t see, as our friend Trix is also scared of them. Having said that, we know Mr. Clock and he loves them, but perhaps he’s a one off. In fact, he is a one off… it was his fault we got our first canary. He bought it for our Son when he was about 13. And when he died, we got our Irish one as Jeffers, yep, Jeffers, didn’t sing, but Dean, don’t ask, did sing. So lovely as well but the second reason I wouldn’t get another is I don’t like caged birds and how they originally get to our country is awful.

 

Now I have my dog and she silently run around the house making no sound at all apart from her claws on the wooden floor and the toy in her mouth, she has a particularly noisy one at the moment and as you know, I need to hear my lap top to type, as I touch type the voice of each word speaks to me.

 

K wrote to me today asking what soft wear I use to type. Jaws it’s called it’s the most expensive but as far as I’m concerned and I have tried other ways of operating a lap top, but jaws are the best by far. So, you get what you pay for but it is quadruple more than anything else. And there are free programs out there if you can’t see properly but if you are totally blind, then Jaws is the best. Remember though you will have to know where the keys are on your computer. Thank God for those awful typing lessons at school. Hub and I hated them, but we know now without them, this would be so much more difficult.

 

I’m sure you can learn to touch type as adults, but to do it as fast as we do will take lots of years of practice, I think. I type really fast, and Hub is much faster than me he also is more accurate. But he is a wonder brain. I’m so proud of his achievements in life. he is an amazing person. So good and kind to me too and is a great Dad to our boy!

 

In our news, this really makes me cross. A so-called gangland hit man, in other words an underground organisation has killed two gangsters. He’s received a life term in prison for doing so. Oh, my, I hope he gets some great visitors in jail. To me this person is a hero, surely?  

I mean, someone can kill someone and get five years. The person they have killed was a good person, so to kill gangsters, you get life? a paedophile can rape a tiny new born baby and get six months, what’s wrong with this country?

Remember yesterday I think it was when I wrote about how China are planting seeds etc in canisters on the edge of the moon? Well already the seedlings have died because of a frosty 170C lunar night

 

Well it’s the start of our big freeze and I love it. I just hope the ice will melt before 10 on Sunday morning… walking the dogs isn’t safe in icy weather.

 

And finally. Kind words are easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. Mother Teresa.

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

No comments: