translate

Monday 28 January 2019

MONDAYS COFFEE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Time for a cup of coffee and a chat. Talking of coffee, what do you call a sad cup of coffee?

A Depresso!

Hahahaha, sorry, but I couldn’t resist.

 

Reading today foods that are good for our gut. One that surprised me was cold potatoes. Washed, cooked and left to go cold. The article went into detail but the end result is, they are good for us.

 

Garlic and dark chocolate too! I can cope with all of those foods. I love cold boiled potatoes, but only with salad cream on… Salad cream, one of my friends from America hasn’t ever heard of that. Have you? Oh, I love it.

 

I also read that cancer patients could triple their survival rates by taking pain killers every day like Aspirin. Again, you will have to talk with the Doctor about that. But I have always said, that cures and treatment will always come from something under our nose or something that is natural. There are still clinical trials done on Aspirin you know? About 1000 per year. White willow was used by Sumerians and Egyptians. The Ebers Papyrus an ancient medical text refers to willow as an anti-inflammatory or pain reliever. But don’t go and start biting your willow tree as loads, is added to the bark to create this wonder pill.

 

Oh, in medical headlines today I read GM chickens to lay eggs with anti/ cancer drugs

Oh Gosh, that sounds scary.

 

Day three of my eyes killing me this time both eyes. All yesterday I saw a white sheet in front of me as if the sheet was lit up and it was fixed on my eyeballs. During the day I could cope with that, as it’s slightly better than grey or black or nothing at all. But by 9 pm, I was getting a headache. By bed time, I knew there were no lights on. I knew it was pitch black outside, an yet the room was bright white. As if staring right into headlights of a car. The pain was making my eyes sting. I closed them even putting the quilt over my eyes and still I saw white. And the white was so very bright. Not spots of flashes as I know some people who have RP see, but a flat sheet of white. Both eyes equal. And today, not quite so white more like a dirty white with bits of purple in. and oddly, black dots. So, a bit of a break from the brightness.

 

Yesterday in my right eye I had a corkscrew twisting and today just those dam high heels kicking into the edges of my eyes both today. Whoever is wearing those heels, needs to take a break from them and put on a pair of slippers.

Please?

 

Hub and I didn’t do anything over the weekend. It was a lovely time though. I hope your weekend was at least peaceful?

 

  I heard a funny thing today it was written and read to me. “The more you weigh, the harder you are to be kidnapped. Eat cake and be safe…””

 

Hub and I listen to a program on the radio and at the end, they read out funny signs that have been spotted around the world, so I thought I would check out some of them and let you enjoy the read.

 

First sign

(Warning heavy pedestrians crossing)

Sign 2

(Say no to strangers and strange dogs) Hahahaha.

3

(Don’t ride headless horses) say whaa’aa’aat?

4

(No laughing) Oh, the website I got that from wasn’t very accessible so I don’t know what country or what place would have a sign saying that, but I hope it wasn’t a funeral parlour?

5

(Control your pee) hahheheheheahahaha

6

(May lick you to death) Oh no, hahaha, what on earth?

7

(Be prepared) what for?

 

There’s nothing on the website that is totally accessible for people who are blind it’s a shame as I really think such signs are so funny but I like to know the origin and sadly nothing tells me that in word.

 

Hub has a hellish day tomorrow. His working day will be about 13 hours. And I think my day will be spent doing all the things I should have done today. I have just had no energy today. And it’s so cold outside.

 

All I seem to have done is make appointments. I think I have spent two- and a-bit hours on the phone sorting out life. and answering emails that came through over the weekend. I did some research this morning on latest news on RP as I try to do every now and then but unfortunately all I can find is the next big news will come around May of this year. If I hear anything before then, I shall let you know!

 

 

 

  

 

No comments: