translate

Tuesday 17 April 2018

TUESDAYS TOP TIPS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Thank you for your kind reviews and comments on my blog from yesterday. How are you all today? Today we have sun and cloud. But no rain though it’s rather windy. I have opened my outside washing line for the season… It looks like an umbrella, I just hope an umbrella isn’t needed for a long time!

 

Hubs away today he has a busy work week. BW has a day off. Tomorrow is Shamrocks surprise for her birthday. I hope she likes it, I know my Son will. Bless his heart, he said to me yesterday. “Mum would you like to come along with us?”” Of course, I would but they will have a much better time on their own. I hope they come back with loads of stories though. Sham still doesn’t know what it is. She has had some funny guesses though, one was quite close.

 

Tuesdays top tips

I have a wooden chopping board. If I have chopped onions or garlic on it, I cut a lemon in half rub it over my board and leave it for half an hour, then rinse it under cool water and dry well before putting it back.

 

Stinky drain? Mix a watery substance of water and baking soda. Pour down your drain and leave it for an hour. At least. Then get a jug of hot water with four teaspoons of vanilla essence mixed in, pour that down and I hope you notice a difference. The baking soda will break down any food that is lingering in your sink, or if it’s your bathroom, whatever is making that smell bad. The vanilla essence will leave your drains smelling nice.

 

Your fridge? Use vinegar to wipe your fridge as that will help to prevent mildew as acid kills mildew.

And to keep it smelling fresh, keep a box with either baking soda or dry coffee grounds or a cotton ball with vanilla extract on.

 

Chewing gum on clothing? Pop the  clothing in the freezer then remove the next day peel off the gum.

 

Ring around the shirt collar? (Not that I would notice)  Apply shampoo scrub gently and put in the washing machine as normal.

 

To help your eyesight if you still have vision I am told shellfish, Green veg such as Kale, broccoli and loads of spinach and all foods with vitamin A. Pure Lutein tablets too.


 

 

No comments: