translate

Sunday 1 April 2018

THE WINDOW OF MY SOUL BY FIONA CUMMINGS #PoetryByFionaCummings


THE WINDOWS OF MY SOUL

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Dreams are waiting for me

As I sit alone just wondering

Though my future I cannot see

My inner storm is thundering

Lightning passes by

No flashes though they try

Tears are so dry

And my eyes do not see

But my mind isn’t blind

And what is lost I will find

I don’t know what’s in front of me

Nor what is behind

So, I live through the tunnel

Trying to change the channel

Flicking through the pages

Hearing words so outrageous

The dark threatening sky

Is asking me why?

I say I can’t sleep

So, around the house I must creep

Not wanting to wake the birds

Or the stars that sleep

The moon who’s having a snooze

I forbid my brain to choose

Between staying awake

Or meeting with my mind

The peaceful geese on the lake

Silently gracefully cruise

Heads facing the water

I pray they won’t be slaughtered

But to innocently dream

Of flowing water and a beautiful stream

A frog on a Lilly pad

 Surrounded by colours of pinks and cream

If only I could dream?

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

 

No comments: