translate

Sunday 8 April 2018

SUNDAYS DIARY BLOWN CHANCES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Of all the mornings for my Son to sleep in, he picked today. In the eighteen months he’s worked there he has done this once. And he chose his second time to do the day before the decision is made whether or not he gets a promotion. He was up against it anyway, as he found out fifteen plus him have gone for the interview, at least 13 of them have been on the managerial course. So, his chances were low as he hasn’t gone on the course. But now? Not a chance. I’m so very angry with him, he has worked so blooming hard, he puts long hours in and goes beyond his duty, and then does this. I thought he started at eleven as when he is on a close its eleven when he starts, 11, till 9. When he opens, it’s 6 in the morning till 4 pm. So, today, when have they got him in for? 10 am. His boss really doesn’t want him to get the job as I said it would mean him moving and who will do all the hard work then? Certainly not his lazy boss. So of course, now the snaky man will be straight on the phone to the top person who interviewed my Son to tell them how BW was late. I shouted on him at twenty-five past ten thinking he needs breakfast before he goes. No answer. I said to Hub he must have started early and on open rather than close?  I went upstairs as he didn’t hear me shouting on him. Stood outside his bedroom door. Still calling, still no answer. Opened it and expected to find an empty bed. In the meanwhile, Hub said his car keys were there so he is still in the house. Thing is you know, he’s so considerate when he starts at 6 am, he is as quiet as a mouse, not to wake us up. Well after I stood at his bedside, calling loudly his name, still no answer. My heart did skip a beat. then he woke. He was sound asleep. I said to Hub it’s dangerous how deeply he sleeps if he ever lives on his own and there’s a fire for example. So, approaching ten thirty, I asked him what time is he at work? He replied. Ten Mum. I said you are late, oh, he says, I shall let them know I will be fifteen minutes. Well he got ready and ran from the house. So, by the time he got there he would be 45 minutes late. And his big chance blown. I feel so cross with him for doing such a stupid trick and angrier with his boss for blocking him as he will I know for sure. I guess it will all be confirmed tomorrow.

 

A man was coming to clean our back yard with a pressure cleaner. Yesterday. But I cancelled him as our weather said it was going to rain heavy yesterday and today. Well yesterday it spat for a while but all afternoon it was fine. Today, it’s warm and so far, and it’s 2 pm, it hasn’t rained. I just wished I had let him come to do the job.

 

I have cleaned all the bathrooms today and that is a lot of cleaning. Our spa bath is huge and I cleaned all the jets out too. Washed the tiles and did the floors. My back is hurting. I washed all the cupboard doors and work tops in my kitchen and tidied the conservatory dusting and washing. Briefly did the sitting room, two loads of washing and a bit of ironing, only about seven items, but now I’m officially pooped and I need to think about what’s for dinner. Oh, where is my fairy Godmother? She’s needed for lots of reasons now.

 

BW and Shamrock as well as Shams family have all been invited to a black-tie dinner. Remember the celebrity wedding he went to a few weeks ago where by he was trying to sleep on the sofa when the celeb came to him to try to tell him all about life and BW just wanted to sleep? Haha, well he is having a birthday party and it’s his wife’s big birthday too as well as his daughters eighteenth. It’s some grand hall somewhere. I’m sure it will be very nice. Shamrock wasn’t impressed with the birthday party BW took her to the other night. He had his interview in the morning, then he had to work all day then drive from work after picking Sham up and drive all the way to the party which was an hour’s drive. But sham said in a swear word, it wasn’t good… I will save your eyes or ears from the word she used… I didn’t know she was going I thought it was just his friends. Well I doubt any party will be as good after the celebs wedding. I told you it was more like a circus, but certainly sounded fun, just for me, not a romantic wedding, more like look how much money I have…

 

It is very nice of him to invite them all again though and hopefully they will have a good time.

 

Well I set a ten-minute timer to write this and it’s just gone off. I have a poem to write this afternoon I will have to try to clear my mind of this world and go into my writing world and calm down after today’s start… So, I shall go for now, I’m going to groom the dogs then write then start dinner. Who said Sunday was meant to be a day of rest?
Words 953


 

No comments: