translate

Friday 6 April 2018

A PROUD MOTHER AND HOPE FOR RP BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. I took my Waggatail out this morning. I was awake early. The mood called for me and I went. It was starting to spit with rain. I wondered if we would end up like drowned rats, but the weather was kind and waited until our return before the heavens opened properly to shower our part of the world.

 

Our Son had an interview today but bless his heart he doesn’t have a chance in getting the job. There were eight other people he knew who went for interviews over three days and all eight of them have been trained for that position, whereas Boy Wonder, hasn’t had the training. Why was he picked even for the interview? I’m not sure apart from the area manager really likes him and has expressed he wants to take his career further, but to do that he needs a good manager who is prepared to train him. Instead of a manager who works him like a dog and doesn’t want to lose him because if he does, who will do all the shifts opening and closing the business. Also, who else would do the hours BW’s doing? So, was the interview a waist of time? No, no interview is, as it’s all experience.  He found out today that there are a lot more going for this job that the eight he knows of. I think it will be Tuesday before he learns of the decision. It’s a long day for him today as he had to leave the house at 8 this morning, his interview was 9 till 10 and he got back home at twenty to eleven. Got from his suit into his uniform and will work from 11 till quarter to 9 then he is driving an hour away to see his friend as it’s his 21st. He is staying just over an hour and then an hour back returning by midnight and of course, he’s opening tomorrow again, so closing tonight opening tomorrow then no doubt Sunday, closing again. This has been every day for six weeks plus, he has done this. And his boss is only supposed to put people on open or close three times per week. Not ten.

 

When my boy thanked my Hub today saying thanks Dad for the help, my heart prayed he would get the role, as he has worked so hard. All Hub did was listen to what he wrote and added a couple of observations, gosh what my boy had written was simply fantastic. He has such a brain I so badly wish he would do more study and get more qualifications. But he won’t it’s so bad I can see so much of me in him and want more for him. I feel regretful about my life that I didn’t do more but my circumstances didn’t allow me to progress in life but our Son has the world in front of him and Hub and I are so frustrated as he has established so much he’s only just turned 21 and already has been supervisor in two jobs and huge companies too, and had another couple of jobs that he did really well in. he has worked so hard since the age of 15 part time every weekend and holidays from school and finished his school with good results continued to do so through college and get himself some great jobs, but he can do more is totally capable but doesn’t have the drive. And that is my genes sadly. His Dad is a great example to him though and I hope he will rub off on our boy so he will reach his zenith in life.

 

So now it’s a waiting game. The reason I want him to do what he can in life now is because once he leaves home, he will be very much influenced by whoever he lives with and that outcome won’t be a good one. When I see him all smart with a suit and tie, using words that should only come from someone with an excellent education, and many years older than his actual age, I can’t help but feel pride and be happy that Hub and I have raised a great person. Now when he is telling me of stupid things he has done on nights out with friends, then I cringe and want to crawl under a large rock and it would have to be a large rock.  He is two different people. From one extreme to the other. But in general, he’s a good lad and you all know I think the world of him. We may only have one child but we couldn’t be prouder.

 

Proud? Well I wasn’t last night when we went out to the pub quiz. Oh, we were rubbish with a capital R. Oddly we did good on the picture quiz. Haha. I love telling people that especially as you know Hub and I are blind… well our friend explains the picture to me either describing what she sees as in describing a flag for example or saying what the person looks like. She’s great at that round, I may get one or two. Hub isn’t very good at that as he has never been able to see, so never knew what people look like. I joke saying as long as the person was famous twenty years or more ago, then I’m OK, in for a chance. As that is obviously when I last had sight.

 

It was a great atmosphere yesterday. Everyone was in such good spirits. Apart from one of the friends we went with. Oh, boy, not good. All in the garden isn’t rosy. If it’s not one it’s the other. Between the three of them, I do wonder, hahaha.

 

It is so funny when Hub is working from home, our dogs spend most of their day in bed. When I have both dogs for a day if Hub has to leave The Little Fella behind for whatever reason, oh, my it really is doggy day care. Getting wild with the wolves. When I am with my Waggatail alone, she brings me toys all the time and never lays down. But when Daddy’s at home? What is it? Do they know he’s working and we have to do impressions as if in a library?

 

Here we are facing another weekend. So, news. With regards the eye disease I have, Retinitis Pigmentosa some of the headlines knocking around are as follows with links at the bottom.

(Inserting genes of a single- selled algae may cure blindness.) Firstly, open minds, the word may, and this is a headline to get you gripped. Reading into it, see what you think. I have faith in this though and it’s easy to understand, you don’t need a degree in medicine to comprehend it. And give me black and white any day rather than nothing. This is great news Bloggets.

 

 


 

A model went blind after tattooing her eye ball. Oh, my goodness, what a total complete fool. Where were her parents and in absence from them, where was her common sense?

 

I shall go for now but I hope you are all well and will be inspired by someone this weekend as you are an inspiration to me!

 Please follow me here or, Twitter @FionaPefi

 

 

No comments: