translate

Thursday 5 April 2018

LOVE STORY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Sorry Bloggets I have not been around for a couple of days. I have been dealing with life and writing my very first love story that I really really don’t know where it will go, but I’m wanting so badly to stick to it and see if I can have the push to try at least to get it published. In 36 hours, I have written in total for my story, 9,068 words. Little housework has been done but little housework can wait. Smile. I have fed my boys and kept the floors and kitchen clean. There’s never enough dust to bother as I keep on top of it and the ironing pile isn’t much of a pile really.

 

When I was asked to write this love story, I was just told that it would be a good thing for me to write. As these words came from someone I respect as an author, I was up for the challenge, and it was a challenge at first. My heart is big and hurts for everyone especially everything like animals and nature. But when it comes to lovey dovey stuff, I’m so protected. My shell is so hard it will need industrial equipment to break it open. So, when you feel like this, how do you write a love story?

 

Well I have fallen in love two and a half times, in my life, so I have taken different parts of history of the Fifi Blogger and put it into the words of others. This is where writing becomes an act. I’m an actress already. And I love the escapism. But there are parts of this story which are too similar to my own. And that to me isn’t enough escapism. So, the start, I didn’t know anything about the main character until she started to talk through my fingers typing her words. She spoke to me. Then as the other people progressed on the pages, they had voices too. It was as if watching a film. A movie whereby I really didn’t have a clue where the next stage was going. Take two, three and four. I still don’t know where this will end up.

 

To keep it simple, as this is my first book I’m writing with every intention to take it further, as there are thousands of books that have passed me by and more in my mind to make me known as a writer. I pray. I have used places I know well, added parts to those area’s not to make them too obvious. Did research of the areas of what exactly they were like back in the day where my story begins. Using names from people I knew then and still know of now. writing at the bottom of my work, names places and even what the people look like, what they wore etc. just so I can write about them right through the book and keeping their personality and dress the same. It’s not easy when you can’t see, to flick back and forth to just see what you said then and how you said it. Reminding yourself just what the sister was called or that little quaint restaurant. So, keeping notes at the bottom of my word file, I hope will benefit me.

 

I would say I was half way through my story, but I have a feeling it may end on what can be continued. Old Bloggets will know from my holiday blogs, I love cliff-hangers. But where will this cliff be and how steep will it climb or fall?

 

My dear friend Mary from America now Mexico always gives me faith saying she can see me writing children’s stories, and I truly believe if I am giving a chance in the writing world, I would love to write for children. I have so much in my mind and have lived a very different life in many worlds my mind is certainly open to all. But love stories? Smile… seriously, what is a love story? What do people expect from love stories now? I wonder if it’s the same as I expect, what I have so far written.

 

For me to define a love story, it is to make the reader feel warm, alive, excited but not shocked. To feel sad and laugh allowed feel happy when things go right and devastated when life doesn’t always work out perfectly, feel empathy and acknowledgement towards the main character and say to themselves. “I know just what you mean. I remember when.””

 

I want to write so my readers think they know what is going to happen on the next page and for their curiosity, they turn the page to find actually they were so far wrong that they have to read on to see how on earth this can unravel.

 

I will share my journey with you. I pray one day very soon you will be receiving a link to my book. I have a title for it. I never ever think about titles for my short stories I have written on my blog page or for my poems, even for my daily blogs, I write a title and send to you all. Afterwards I may think, oh, that could have had a more gripping title/heading, and sometimes I think, oh, that was a little risky. So, the title to my story is a little boring, but I won’t change it.  Of course, when it does come if it comes to getting my book published, then if I am advised that no one will pic up such a title, then I will have to change it. As for editing? I have been trying to do it as I write. And of course, at the end I will have to do it all over again and I have a very good gentleman who is happy to help me with this. It’s thanks to Ian that I have got this far and it’s really difficult when I just don’t believe in myself and no one close to me does either. My Son tells me I’m brilliant, but he loves me. My Husband tells me I’m a better writer than him, but I don’t believe him as he is a master of the English language. But is it perfect English you want? Heck, I hope not as that’s not what you will get. Smile.

 

I want to write children’s story’s and have the most beautiful colourful illustrations and produce books for children who can’t see pictures, books that will inspire and encourage.

 

Talking of children’s story’s, I was reading today about a lovely book for children called (A twist of tales) By Julia Donaldson and Peter Daily

The author of (The Gruffalo) Donaldson, tells three wonderful stories’ from around the world. Making this book the first independent read. It sounds so good, I dream of reading to my Grandchildren something I couldn’t do when my son was a small child. Something I so very badly wished I could have done. Something I really missed out on at boarding school having a parent to read to me and something I always said I would make sure I did for my children, well, sadly it wasn’t to be.

 

  My favourite book I would love to buy for children has to be (The Orchard book of Hans Christian Andersen)

So innocent and well written.

  

 What is wrong with modern story’s today? Well putting your small child down to sleep reading all about cyborg and vampires, as well as fire breathing dragons? No, it’s so wrong.

 

Tomorrow is a big day here at home and away and I have butterflies in my stomach. There is a feeling of uncertainty for sure. In the meanwhile, I have to keep life together.

 

It’s sad I wanted to take my dog out tomorrow but it’s going to rain all day and from what I can gather for the next two weeks the weather is going to be bad.

 

Already daffodils are not as available as they were, so are we coming to the end of spring? Well, we still have April showers in fact, no, not showers as that would tell tales of terrible untruths, as we have had flood warnings all week and are going to continue.

 

My Husband is almost at the end of his first week at work in his new role. Soon it will be month then a year. How time will fly. And by a years’ time, will we be closer to finding treatment as in a breakthrough for blindness? Oh, I so hope so.

 

It’s almost eleven in the evening. I have been in the house for half an hour. We went to the pub quiz. Oh, I shall tell you that story next week but it was funny. Put it this way it could only happen to us.

 

Hub was drinking lime and soda and I had lime and lemonade. As I have said so many times, we are not drinkers. There was no coal fire on tonight but it was still cosy. Remind me to tell you about tonight next week at some point, why next week? Because that will be when we go to the quiz again… I just think some people should take a chill pill. Oh, I could so relate tonight… Okay, said enough…

 

Just found out tonight Hub is working from home tomorrow. So, I guess loads of phone calls as that is what he does so much of when he works from home. He talks from half eight till five. His phone never stops. And most calls last over an hour… My Son has a very very long day that will last about sixteen hours. He has a lot of driving to do too. It’s a day for him where by he will be wearing a suit, followed by work uniform then dress clothes/casual.

 

So, I shall close now and wish you all a peaceful sleep and if you are reading this having just woken up, then have a lovely day, be calm and open your heart to opportunities. Much love.

 

 

 

 

No comments: