translate

Saturday 7 April 2018

THE THREE G's OF WRITING BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well I’m super excited to tell you I have written over ten thousand words now of my story. I’m really enjoying it. My dear friend and our Blogget said today in an email she thought I may write a love story about my sweetheart in Russia, and I will one day, but it will be in my autobiography. As he was a huge part of my life that lasted for fifteen years. Not in a relationship for so long, but for sure in my life.

 

This story is so different to parts of my life for example the main character has parents who don’t care at all about her, where as my parents would have turned the world upside down for me. In fact, they did. But this person in my love story has a huge section of my heart, as not only is she part of the first story I am determined I’m going to try at least to push further into possibly getting it published, but she is a part of my personality. A very moralistic pocket in my mind. How I wish all young girls were more like her. But she is deeply troubled by her youth and that is another bit of her in me.

 

I like the idea that I am writing this and sharing with you my journey. Gosh, imagine if you are reading this now and fast forward a couple of years and you are seeing or hearing about my books and I’m an established writer? Is this possible, or is it a dream? It was a very strong feeling I had many years ago that my purpose in life is to write. My Teacher at school when I was fifteen came to me one afternoon, now let me tell you the setting. I left my dreadful boarding school when I was fifteen I touched on this subject before, I had in my mind two choices. One was to stay at the school and probably end up in some kind of care for those with mental health problems or two, run away and never to return to the real world. I opted to tell my Mum the situation giving her only one option, send me back there and I will run away. I believe, she saw the fire and fear in my eyes and analysed my heart for the first time in her life. Before then and after, my shell was closed and no one could or would look inside.

 

  In my autobiography, there is a share for all the world in pain, disappointment, grief, terror, depression, heartache and shock, but there are so many really hilarious stories too that I hope the reader will have tears of joy whilst reading. There will be gasps as some stories I will tell you will leave you outraged frustrated and angry but you I hope will turn a page and laugh out loud until your stomach and sides hurt and then you will fall in love and reminisce about parts of your own life, but my life story will be like no other you have read before. It’s easy for me to say that, another thing for me to take time out of my now life and bring back in detail so many memories. A lot of skeletons will have to be let out of boxes in my mind and shadows will have to face me and come to life. I guess that is why I want to try to publish shorter stories first.

 

So, because of my real life, I do have a lot of dark tales to tell, but I need soon to add some laughter to this story otherwise it’s going to be a book you won’t want to take on holiday but more like a story you may want to Annalise or study in some way if perhaps you are studying Psychology. Smile. I think once I get her base in place, and she can kick off her serious shoes I will be able to let her loose in the real world and for the first time my character can cuddle up on the couch whilst chasing rainbows and dance on the tables of life.

 

So far it has ten chapters with boring titles, I like colourful titles, But titles that I hope give the readers a clue what the next few pages will be about then when they come to the end of that chapter, I hope the readers will say, oh, okay, I was wrong about that one… I love the thrill of guessing, gasping and grinning, the three G’s of writing.


I wrote that last year and I live by those words, because I genuinely believe that I am fed words, only I haven’t yet learned who is gifting me such a feast!

 

© Fiona Cummings

821 words

 

 

No comments: