translate

Sunday 1 April 2018

OUR DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


This is the tenth Easter my Husband and I have been together after being reunited after too many years. We both had pasts we wouldn’t want to go through again. Thankfully people from our past are long gone now and never to return. And once again, thank God for that. I hope the person from my past will find happiness in his life and forget me, but remember his mistakes so he can move forward and the people from my Husband’s life, will find a life they truly deserve… Then justice will have prevailed!

 

I think the only time I may, and may should have a capital M. see the person from my past will be a wedding we both have to attend. That wedding will be our Sons. As for the others, those from my Husbands life, we will never see them again and that is simply perfect.

 

As the famous sayings go. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present””

 

“We are products of our past but we don’t have to be prisoners because of it.””  Don’t dream of the future until you have lived in the present, just as don’t escape into the future before you cut the chains from your now state of mind.

 

My yesterdays keep following me, they are haunting faces which peer over my shoulder and footsteps that keep in time with mine. I feel their breath on my neck as they chase me, still controlling my every move. I tell myself their behind me and I am walking forward, I won’t turn to look at them, but they keep looking at me, but if they really wanted to hurt me, they could stretch their evil bony fingers out and grab my arms, tying my hands behind my back, strapping my ankles together forbidding me from walking or reaching out for help, but they don’t, so, I’m winning. Right?

 

Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real, so, we can learn from our past but we can’t relive it and we don’t know if we have a future or if we do, we don’t know what it has install for us, so just live for today and let tomorrow take care of itself!

 

We have hope for our future and I spend far too much time looking forward to my tomorrows when there may be treatment for my eyesight. When once again I can see beauty and avoid hatred and see stars for the first time and look at rainbows to see if they are all that I imagined them to be. When in fact I should be planning my day. How much time have I waisted worrying about what may be?

 

So, let’s all try not to chase that rainbow but sit under the blanket of the canopy of tall trees shading from the sun but allowing ourselves to pop out from the greenery and feel the breeze again and realise how gentle it is, knowing it’s not vast wind that will push us back again, and know it’s our choice, our life and our day!

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: