translate

Friday 20 April 2018

MATCHING THE SUN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hello Bloggets. Today I was to meet with my friend and go to a very hot fully glassed building to eat hot pizza’s. that would have been great a week ago. But yesterday was the hottest day in parts of Britain in history since records began any way, and today was hot too, so that thought today wasn’t as good as it would have been.

 

Firstly, I was meeting with my friend as my Son calls her a WAG. (Footballers Wife) as she is very beautiful tall slim and always wears stunning clothes. Long blonde hair and just has it going on… as I said to my other friend today by phone, I’m tall and blonde, but the rest is history.

 

So, had to pick out nice clothing. Oh, my, you know I didn’t sort out my winter clothes separating them from summer or getting summer outfits at the front of my robe and putting winter away, I wanted to do this at the weekend but didn’t. so, fighting in my robe with wool all around me. Not what I need when the house can’t make up it’s mind if it wants to be a green house for tomatoes or as dry as the desert.

 

I wanted to feel satins, silks, soft materials not heavy wools and thick jeans.

 

I found some thin jeans. Red. Brand new. I also found another beautiful floaty short sleeved top. Satiny material. What colour was it? I couldn’t remember. I just remembered it was patterned.

 

I got my iPhone and opened the App. Tap tap see.

 

That just told me it was a red top, well, after it told me it was a red bag… OK, I was hot, but no need to call me a bag? Haha.

 

Then I used my colour machine. It said red. Perfect, kind of. As my jeans were red. But then, oh, what shades of red? If my top had purply red and my jeans were tomato red, they would clash. So, back to the iPhone and opened another App. This time seeing AI. Flicked until it was on the right setting and it said red and white floral top.

 

But not what shade. So, I thought, oh, I am just going to wear it.

 

I waited for my friend outside and spoke to my lovely neighbour. Then off I went to have a great afternoon with my friend Geordie.

 

Thank goodness she suggested to go to a pub garden and sit and have lunch. Oh, wonderful. No cars in the background and the best company. We had a lovely meal and cool drinks topped off with a coffee at the end. The birds sang the sun shone and we laughed.

 

There is nothing I like better than going out with her. We have so much in common apart from she ‘s rich and I’m not. She is slim and I’m not…. But in general. And she’s just sunshine. We have boys the same age and with the same outlooks. And we are both from Newcastle. How much better can it get.

 

Everyone is so serious around here and when we are together we laugh so much I don’t think there is a humour like the Geordie humour.

 

Three hours later back home. I’m now hanging out washing and then I shall make the dinner for the boys tonight. I did my housework this morning and did all of my writing yesterday. So, up to date just need to chat with my Bloggets.

 

My friend said my clothes were really lovely and people just don’t match these days. I asked her if she did, knowing she does, she replied she has stopped being quite so serious about it as she would stress about it too much and realised no one else bothered. But I said does that mean it’s right not to match? I wondered if it was a generation thing. Younger parents than ours for example parents who are in their forties don’t tell their kids to match because they weren’t taught it as their parents worked full time and didn’t have time to just talk about matching clothes. What ever was ready from the wash they put on as they were rushed in life. where as my generation, our mums were full time parents and had all the time to sort out matching clothes.

 

I know people put colours together now that I would have never done like brown and black. Grey and brown. Navy and green. Purple and red. Pink and purple. White and cream.

 

We can let it go the matching thing, it would be less stressful, but I like things to look their best. When I did my modelling, I had to wear clothes that went together. Again, I doubt now days that happens. Probably it’s more like to shock now rather than what looks good.

 

I have flowers all around my house. Hub bought me some a few days ago, they are still stunning. I got some over a week ago and they are still looking grand and this week I bought some daffodils. My favourite flowers. The house smells so nice and our garden is really sweet with blooms and the sun.

 

About time as we really have had a bad winter. The longest I have ever known but two weeks ago, we had snow, and yesterday was the hottest April since records began, so the weather is totally messed up and it’s the wildlife I feel sorry for.

 

My Son as you know walked alpaca’s the other day through the forest. He was telling me that they only give birth once a year and when they are about to have their babies, it’s called unpacking…. Hahaha. I must check that out I do wonder if the farmers were having a laugh with BW.

 

He’s out tonight with his friends. So, Hub and I will be spending time in our back garden enjoying what is left of the sun.

 

Tomorrow we are out and about not sure where exactly but somewhere. I hope you have a lovely weekend until next time when I will be touching on a subject I have been asked to write about, smile and be happy. Enjoy your weekend. Just take time for yourself.

 

No comments: