translate

Monday 30 April 2018

JUST AN ALIEN CHAT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. I have had about two hours sleep. Hubs alarm went off at 6 am. But before that, we both were awake. Three big things today. My Husband is travelling again. I always get anxious. It’s such a long way for him to go. He has his faithful one in the Little Fella though. I keep saying Hubs guide dog has had a promotion too. Last week he worked hard. Hub was in five different offices in five days. This week he’s only in three. But an overnight stay. Our Son has a big day. He has been asked to go for an interview again. Same company but a promotion. Only thing is, the area where it is you have to pay about £10 per day to park. Also, petrol getting there which isn’t much but all adds up. It’s about a half hour drive. Where as where he works now is three minutes’ drive and free parking.   But it’s a step up. But again, there are loads going for the interview. And again, all of them have had the training. BW hasn’t. if he gets the job, his boss has told him that he will pack in the nine months training, that’s how long it took one of his colleagues to qualify, in the time of six weeks. So, BW is expected to know every thing in less than two months?  His boss has said he doesn’t want to lose him. Hmm. I can tell you, BW wants to lose his boss… but not sure he will like the transport situation. We are telling him most people travel an hour to work like his Dad. And BW used to be a supervisor an hour and a bit away. It’s funny, he doesn’t mind so much the petrol it’s the grudge of paying to park. Haha. Bless him. He looked so smart as he left the house. So, let’s see how he does. But because he has been put forward for the interview by the lady who interviewed him a couple of weeks ago, I think he has a chance. Though she told him he did an excellent interview, she had to give the job to another as the other person has been working for the company for five years and has been qualified for almost a year. So, that is fair. But still BW doesn’t have the training or experience. Right now, he is a supervisor and this role is assistant manager. We have told him if he gets offered the job, take it and even if he stays there for a few months, he is qualified as assistant manager and can look for work similar with that title. Whatever will happen, I’m so very proud of him. He’s 21 and has done so well so far. This is his second job of getting to supervisor. He just needs the next step up. Are we pushy parents? No, not at all. Are we encouraging parents? Absolutely. We know his potential.

 

I need to get back out there to the shop as I have been today already, but forgot the essential item, I will have to go again. But, it’s pouring. And really windy. As I always say when it’s windy, it’s a blind person’s fog. As we can’t obviously see and with the wind, we can’t hear either and that makes it really difficult to navigate to hear where things are to give my guide dog instructions where to go.

 

So, it’s been a funny year so far. I said at the start of it it would be a life changing year. Just Hub and I had a really strong feeling that something this year would be very different. So far, we have found out what people are really like and got closer to other people. Some are out of our life and will never return and other people are here to stay. There have been big changes in our lives with regards work to say the least. Friends too and family, I have seen change. My Nephew lost his Mum to cancer. So sad from diagnosis to death was less than six months. Same when Hubs Mum died, it was weeks. Just awful. And my school friends Husband who was really no age at all. But I guess the year is still young and we are hopeful more changes but not deaths. Enough of that. I hope nice things are on their way especially after today, some positive things happened this morning. I had a meeting that I hope will benefit us. And after winter weather for another week, as today it’s bitter cold wet and windy, we are promised next week summer. How long for? not sure.

 

It’s the Royal wedding soon in England. I can’t say I am over excited about that.

 Though I wish our Prince Harry all the best. As for his new wife to be? Hmm. I have my reservations.

 

There is a story about a small head of a statue of an Egyptian woman with a helmet that has been seen on Mars yet more proof life existed.

It’s alien day and the first sightings of aliens goes back to the 12th century.    

   I totally believe in them. But I don’t think for a second, they are as bad as we humans are. If they came here, we would kill them. I believe they have come here because there have been too many sightings. Also, we wouldn’t spend the amount of money on space travel if we didn’t think there was a threat or something that would benefit us. I have written before about a Russian cosmonaut I spoke to his friend about and too many people have said they have seen things and were threatened by Government etc not to say anything. Well if there is something out there, bring it on, if they can help us to make this beautiful world into a peaceful place, as right now we are killing our earth. We don’t deserve it.

 

I have loads more to write about and will come back later but right now, the rain has stopped falling on my glass  roof so, I’m going to dash back to the shop. Waggs will be happy. As will I if the rain  stays a stranger whilst I’m out.

 

No comments: