translate

Tuesday 27 June 2017

THE DIARY OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good morning Bloggets. Today it’s raining hard. Yesterday we had such a beautiful sunny day and today? Another world. I like the rain though, it’s peaceful. Especially summer rain. The gardens need it, as, do the wildlife. The birds are oddly quiet though, normally if it’s raining, they go mad as they like the juicy worms. They are accessible in the rainy grass and soil. Our garden is looking nice and tidy. It was like a jungle the other day. We have a tall wheelie bin that goes out for collection every two weeks, it’s full to the top. Our rubbish service is very confusing. This week it’s rubbish only. Next week it’s recycling on one day the very next it’s garden rubbish. So, every two weeks our rubbish bin gets emptied. We have so much of it and always have a huge bag or two over. I hope this week they will take it away. Our Son and his gf eat so much take aways it’s awful when it’s all together. For someone so healthy he can eat such junk. His gf loves take away food and has rubbed off on BW. I don’t know how she isn’t the size of a house. Smile. I guess there is time, she is only young. She came around last night looking exhausted bless. She works hard. As for BW, he is at work again and won’t be finished until late. He is on close. This means paperwork and responsibility, but they don’t pay him more until he has qualified. He won’t be qualified until he buys a new lap top. For some reason, I think I know of, he wants to save this month. I would have thought it would be much more important to get his work done, than save? As soon as his work is complete, he gets a pay rise.

Well, coming out of our bedroom this morning, my RP/blindness started to kick in for the day. I almost fell my length as stupidly we keep the hair dryer on our landing near the plug on the floor. I keep putting it on the drawers next to the plug but BW places it back on the floor. Foot under wire, wasn’t a good look as I lolloped across our landing, heading towards the stairs. Deep breath Fifi, it didn’t happen. I came downstairs and started to cook myself a lovely vegetarian bacon sandwich. I like it crispy so the gas was on high. I don’t like it soft it to me tastes like dog’s ears. Not that I have tasted dog’s ears, just how I would imagine them to taste. Crispy, different story. This is something I still struggle with, frying. When I first lost my sight, my ex Husband loved chips and fried egg. Oh, you have a hot pan, sizzling away you have to crack and drop an egg in the middle of the pan. You can’t feel the edges to see where you need to be, so it’s a case of learning yourself to listen in a way you have never had to use your hearing before.

A tip I was told, but I don’t do this, though I should. Crack your egg in a small dish first, then pour the dish contents into the pan.

So, todays bacon sandwich. Three slices of bacon in the pan. All aimed and even if I say so myself, successfully. Red hot pan. Now, how to turn something you can’t touch? It’s like catching a fish. Have I hooked the bacon on my spatula? Have I flicked it so it’s still open and not curled up? Well, I did, that was after smelling that smell you don’t want to smell.
A burning handle on your frying pan. The gas is fast and furious. But there was no crackling sound so no fire. We have two new smoke alarms but sadly now, just need someone to put them up. BW said he would, but he works so many hours, then he has a day off so I just don’t ask. Yesterday he volunteered to play,
sorry, vacuum our area’s I really struggle with. Like cobwebs. Something high I can’t feel or obviously see. We have a new vacuum. Oh Bloggets, it’s the best one I have ever had. For hard floors and carpets, just you have to change the head. At first, I was shocked in just how plasticky if there is such a word, oh well, my Bloggets, we make our words up as we go along, it’s called Blogget lingo. But then I started to use it. Wow. Double wow. And old Bloggets, will know that I have a bit of a reputation in our household of well, kind of killing vacuums. Well, this one I thought I had killed it after only 16 hours, but Hub came home from work and fixed it, I had dropped it, not a good idea and the bin had come loose so Hub pushed it back in and BINGO. Fixed. For dog hairs, it’s amazing. Normally we have to buy a big vacuum for the hard floors and our Henry is fantastic for that, but he doesn’t like carpets, so we have another one for those. This vacuum is brilliant on hard and soft flooring. And as BW learned yesterday, great to suck those little cobwebs up and dead flies. Oh my, how many dead flies were there? Only now I have to empty the bin. Yuck. May wait until Hub is home from work and tell him how his poor helpless wife struggled with the button and how I need him to empty the bin for me? Haha. Or may need the rubber gloves experience.
So, what model is it? Make? It’s a Dyson V 8… The service was great to purchase it. I got a great deal on it too and those of you who are blind living on your own or like us a blind couple, we really get overwhelmed with our guarantees, having to find them in the box, then go on line and register them. Well if you call Dyson and order, they automatically register them for you. Brilliant, as for our fridge, freezer, cooker, washing machine and dryer, nothing we have registered yet. Too much paperwork and it’s really depressing as most of the guarantees are for two years. So, if for a year, I would chill, but two years is a long time to wonder if something is going to break. It’s worth registering, isn’t it? Dyson were going to send me a free part, but sadly it’s not come yet. I will call them today and ask about that.

Our boy did a great job for me though. Really I was grateful.

I can tell you, Bosh dishwashers are the sharpest doors to walk into. Oh, that is another thing we need to guarantee. Our DW. Our last one I almost took off the hinges as it was left down as I went to the other side of our kitchen to put a dish away. I totally forgot about the door being down as my phone rang and distracted me. But I hurt though nothing like this one. Oh my, sharp as a knife. I think I’m getting soft in my old age. Or is it because of all the knocks I took with the installation of our new kitchen? Hub and I still have cuts and bruises. Oh, I must say, it’s a blessing that there are no more workmen coming. Thank God. I have never known a kitchen take so long to do. My friends Daughter is getting hers done and there is an extension too and it’s took six weeks. Mine, nine. And as you know, it wasn’t an ending I hoped for. I am shocked that over 250 views have been made on my kitchen diary in full. I asked Boy Wonder yesterday to take a pic of the after to show you. He said yes.
Still waiting. Haha. It will get done though.
I think my friend and our Blogget Mary said my kitchen Diary was 57 pages long. Gosh, well, question is, did you read until the end? Or did you skip some. Me, I would have skipped. Just like a boxer. ()

Bacon sandwich? Bread? Yep. I am a failure. I have cut down this week but as for totally cutting it out? No, sadly not. But I will get there. I felt so much better when I didn’t eat bread. I even got to the stage where by I didn’t miss it. How did I do that? Remind me please?

Yesterday I had a speech to write for a business and I spent so much time doing that, now I guess I have to brave the weather and rush to our post box but just the near one. Funny thing is, the one close to our house I really struggle to locate. The one that is a fifteen minute walk away, no trouble at all. Why is this? Because the one I go to that is a long walk, well, long for me, as I stress as if I am going 15 miles. Is easy because there are loads of signs on the way, lots of obvious turns and tactile paving. The one close to me, there are no signs. It’s in the middle of a verge of grass. And to get to it, there is no proper path, you have to kind of walk over grass. This isn’t good to locate. As for Waggatail, she loves it, so many smells. She is in a perfume shop doing a doggie day out. So, to control her and remember where I am, it’s challenging. Maybe I shall wait and see if the rain stops and head to the other one. I email my work to whoever but I like to send a paper copy through the snail mail too.

Wimbledon tennis is late this year? Or is it me, but I thought it started earlier than this? I love Wimbledon. It’s an epidemy of English quintessential summers.
Rain covers. Hahaha.
No, strawberries and cream! Talking of which, must prepare some for tonight’s dinner. Well, dessert. On that note, I shall leave you for now, but only in words. Laters


No comments: