translate

Tuesday 6 June 2017

DIARY OF ALL IN A DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


My kitchen diary is on hold. I know that feeling, I am writing it, but keeping it until my kitchen is finished, then I shall publish all 70 pages. Someone asked the other day, how many words do I write per day? Good question, it would be lovely to know but when I do what I am meant to do with my screen reader, I lose my talking software. So, I can tell you how many characters I write, but not words. I would say though per day I can easily spend eight hours writing. I tend to not write so much at weekends. I just love to write. To me it’s like breathing. I need to do it to live and it’s as easy as counting to ten to me.

It’s rained for two days solid though I was reading that we are going to have a boiling July. Really? Yesterday I had to turn on the heating.

I have lots to tell you but will wait until Thursday to tell you that news.

Hub was late for work today, well, by saying late, I mean he would be in for 9, rather than twenty to nine. He commuted with a man called Skidder today.
You wouldn’t mess with him, would you?

I’m trying to write this and I can hardly hear my little man in my lap top. I can’t get to our office because of all the boxes in there. My fingers are typing like crazy, I just hope I’m making sense. There are different sounds coming from our kitchen today.

We are off to see our friends from school in a couple of weeks that will be the break I really need. It will only be for the day, but it will be a good one. Our friend has the kind of house that is so homely. I love to visit her. We are also meant to visit our besties but when? Right now, we don’t have time to turn around.

A lovely lady from FaceBook sent me something so special. She is from America and I didn’t know what the gift was until it arrived. I must say it was packed so very well, and so professionally. I learned that it was Anointing oil from Israel. The fragrance is of Frankincense and Myrrh. I have never smelt this before. It’s beautiful. I had no words to say to the lady, it is such a thoughtful gift. With it came words that she kindly sent for me in a format I could read.

Well I started to write this blog at eight this morning, but the house has been like a train station with comings and goings. I said comings, not Cummings…

So, here I am it’s eight in the evening. I’m so cold again. It’s rained for two days none stop. It’s also really windy, the poor blossoms on the trees will be blown off, along with the leaves. My hanging basket is looking rather sad bowing their little heads, the flowers are soaked through. Our roses smell so beautiful, so sweet mixed with the raindrops, it’s a fresh smell I love.

Hub is in the bath. Then we are going to watch a drama. I got his coffee percolator from upstairs and for the first time in eight weeks, we have our water boiler in our kitchen on a work top. Oh, my house is once again becoming like my home. So, my beautiful kitchen, and a guy came today and said, I like your radiator.. No joking. Never mind the units or the beautiful work tops, or the lovely huge cooker, even the floor it’s a good job. No, he liked our radiator. Mind you it is lovely. Our joiner collected it for us. It’s kind of flat with about four lines going left to right. I’m so happy with our new sink. Life is for sure getting easier. I was able to cook Hub a decent dinner tonight. Though there were workmen coming in and out during it, but they were nice and I learned that our gas is safe, this is a good thing.

To appreciate a cup of coffee or tea, hot beverages especially when it’s like winter outside.

We have two days left before election day and I have to say I am rather anxious. I can’t say which way this will go. I know if it goes one way, the way I don’t want it, then we as a country are down the toilet.

I have a busy day tomorrow. For the first time in ages I don’t have workmen so I have a lot of jobs to do out and about. I have to go to our shop, then the Doctors for a letter for Hub, then the chemist and passing the post box for two poems I have written for a couple of people.

I just hope it’s not going to rain like the past couple of days. My little Waggatail works well in the rain, my last guide dog really didn’t like the rain she was so funny around puddles, she would do her best to avoid walking through them, normally leading me right through them. I swear she had a smile on her beautiful face as she did it. The funny thing is, she loved swimming. She swam so well, whereas my Waggatail will not swim. Just dips her feet. She has been going jogging with Boy Wonder and loving it, but last time she was naughty, she ran to play with another dog, there was BW trying to jog as he is training for something that sounds exciting, but kind of crazy at the same time, when he has to go and get naughty Waggs. She jogs for a while then off she goes again. Last time BW through a plastic bottle of his water he drank in the river to try to get her to swim. She wouldn’t she stood on the bank and waited for it to come to her. But the last time he through it she refused to even wait and ran off to play with a puppy. So, BW went to get her and the jogging began again. Next thing, he looks she is going for it, in the other direction. She remembered, her bottle, so went all the way back to see if it had come to the river bank for her to collect. Haha.

He is doing something in a few weeks called Mud Mother. It’s 12 miles, 19.3 Km
It’s running, then creating a human tower the strongest on the bottom, then another and so on so the top person can climb over a very high wall. They have to go under barb wire fences and over high slippy climbing frames with water pouring down. There are loads of other things he has to do for his challenge, but 12 miles? It will kill him as he is very strong, but I wouldn’t say fit. So hence the jogging.

Our Waggatail was so good the first couple of weeks, but now it’s like, jogging Shmogging, done that bro, bought the t/shirt and it shrunk.
Now, where’s that pup?

Right are you ready for a Fi’s fact? Whisky is one of the oldest products on your supermarket shelves. Did you know that?

Every 17 seconds, a can of Heinz baked beans are sold in the UK. Did you know that they cook the beans after they are in the tins/cans?

My heart is hurting again for Paris Especially the Police man’s family. A man attacked a Police man with a tool, saying this is for Syria.

Elsewhere in the news, this makes me sick and I really can’t put into words just how bad this is, a live donkey in Eastern China was thrown into a tiger’s cage at a zoo. Awful. Sinful.

More than 130 Imams in Britain, have refused to bury the terrorists who were shot after Saturdays terrorist attack in London.

Power to them. Right off now to watch a drama. I’m going to have a hot chocolate first, hey, this is summer. X







No comments: