translate

Thursday 8 June 2017

EXCITED BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Well I hope you enjoyed my blog I wrote this morning and remember if you have any stories to tell us, please do so and I will write about them. I’m all mixed up today, anxious, feelings of dread and totally excited.

Anxious because I had a meeting today with a man I will write about in another blog, how did it go? Hmm. I don’t know that answer yet, but I put my point across very well. My Husband did all the technical stuff and I did the talking.
I’m good at that. Smile.
We will earn if we have been successful next week.

Dreading tonight because we are going to vote. And that will be a story for tomorrow if I am pleased with the outcome, if not, then Canada here I come. Smile. Well, either there or Italy but I think Hub will have more success finding a job in Canada than Italy because of the language.
I won’t want to live here if we get the wrong PM.

Excited? Oh yes, I am. The return of Boy Wonder! He has been on holiday for the past five days. Gosh, wow, he has had an amazing time. He has been to my favourite country. Italy. I love the lakes not the cities, but BW is a city kind of guy. For his age, he is very cultural. He loves architecture and art galleries. He also appreciates natural beauty though. He enjoys lively places but only with the knowledge that he can get away from it all and enjoy peace.

I’m sure he has eaten the most delicious food and drank the best wine. The weather has been beautiful for him. He of course went with his girlfriend Shamrock. She sent me a text saying she was having the best time ever. I’m so pleased for them. Making good memories. As long as that’s all there making!!!

So, where has he been?
Rome. Beautiful people, food, culture, weather and sites.

I’m so proud of him. We are parents who are blind, and I’m sure there have been people in our past who do, wonder if blind people should bring up children? Well, our Son has made us very proud over the years. Things we see he is struggling with, we try to help him with rather than giving up. Sometimes we have pulled our hair out, the secret is to try to make it as if it’s his idea and by doing this, one day it will be, he will decide on his own. And he has over the past few years holidays is just one example. Others include his jobs and education but old Bloggets will recall how we were challenged with him over home work of course we can’t sit with him and look at his paperwork or take a look at what he has written, though some occasions, he was able to type his work then he sent us it by email and once on our computer, the software kicks in and we can then read his work.

Things like fixing his own car and taking it to the garage to do things like MOT and so on. He acts like a person in his late thirties.

From the age of 15, he has had the confidents to go for job interviews and be very successful as well as join new groups and a school without any difficulties or worries. I want our boy to be better than I ever was and reach the top of his tree with the hard effort of having to lift himself, up, not be lifted. But we will be there to give instructions on how to hang on to those branches and use his feet wisely, but catch him if he falls.

Taking him to Japan was a great idea. Hub and him went when BW was fifteen. What he did there was amazing. I’m truly grateful to Hub for arranging this.

Well he booked his holiday on his own. It was a gift from him to his girlfriend. He drove to our airport which is about forty five minutes away. It was during the night. He had been up the day before since 6.a.m and it was 4 a.m. when he left. I just prayed he got there safely and thankfully he did. He arranged to have his car parked for him. And got to his destination safely. He had a heck of a time from the airport, but from what I can gather, he did so well. Left the airport and had to walk to a bus stop which was nine minutes’ walk in which direction? He has never been there before.

The bus journey was over half an hour. How did he know where to get off? I think he used his IPhone.

Then to catch another bus, again, which bus, what number? He planned his route before he left. Found his hotel which sounds like a beautiful one. I envy him.

He visited the Spanish steps sat down with some pear juice and crapes and enjoyed the live music.
He visited the National art museum and went to a park where there was a boy and girl playing a Grand piano, he and Sham drunk orange juice and ate grapes. By night they sat around the fountain, where he said was so quiet at nights it is all lit up with a building in the background under lights. He visited the Vatican where he skipped the queues as we told them before they left to book tickets on line as they could be waiting in a queue for up to two hours. He loved the Chapple and the Amphitheatre, known as the Colosseum. The pantheon which I believe stands at 43 m, The Roman forum, Trevi fountain, gosh I remember that fountain so well. When my Mum was taking me around the world to try to find treatment for my eyesight, so many photographs were taken by the press, of me throwing coins into the fountain, as it’s a traditional legend that if visitors throw a coin into the fountain, they will return. Well, I have been back to Italy, but not Rome. Yet.
He visited The Leonardo da Vinci Museum, went on a bus tour and went for delicious meals.

He has certainly packed in a full few days. He has a busy couple of days planned when he get’s home then back to work for him.

So, that is my news so far. Talk later. X


No comments: