translate

Wednesday 28 June 2017

AS SNUG AS A BUG BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. It’s so cold and still, it’s raining. It’s like winter here. In England, we used to have seasons. Four seasons each year with the odd day as an exception of unusual weather. Now, we have our four seasons each week. I mean, a few months ago, we had a red-hot day, then bitter cold, then it snowed and then we had a mild day, all within a week. The rain is a pain when we have guide dogs needing to go and do what dogs do in their doggy doodle den.

Basically, they won’t go to the toilet. Hub said today at work, The Little Fella put his paw to his cute little face bless, as if to wipe his wet face. We have a dog run for the dogs to use so we can keep their business in one place easy to find to clean. Rather than running all over the garden and as there has been many times when our dogs have been playing and suddenly, they run into the fenced off area and do what they need to and then come back out to play. Too cute. But today my Waggatail was naughty, it was quarter to seven this morning she popped her head out and refused to go out. Some seconds of persuading later, she came out and rather than run up to the top of the yard, she sat where she was and deposited. Then ran back in the house. Naughty Wagga.

I made the family chicken Kiev’s tonight with green beans, mashed sweet potatoes and new potatoes boiled then minted butter put on and finished off in the oven. BW came in from a long day at work. Remember today I received our groceries and they came to £141 this week. He said. Mum, I’m starving. What can I eat. Me, well in forty minutes your dinner will be served as soon as your Dad get’s in. Mum, I can’t wait till then. Me, well there is a yogurt. Mum, he replied, I said I am starving. OK, there are some bananas. Mum they are not filling. Me, well have a large red apple as well or some cottage cheese and crackers. There are some fresh peas in their pods and there are two hard boiled eggs. I don’t want you to eat a big amount as your dinner is almost ready.
Mum, I need a sandwich. Something healthy. Say what? Healthy?
I had offered him, cottage cheese, boiled eggs, so much fruit and yogurts. So, he made himself a sandwich of egg mayonnaise. That was after he asked if he could make a fried egg one. I had pans on the hob steaming away. Our kitchen is very narrow. Boy Wonder is 15 stone, what’s that, 210 lbs?
And I’m, well, I took my shoes and socks off to tell you, and still going.
It’s not a good look in a narrow kitchen both of us trying to battle at the cooker. So, I told him to bog off.

Dinner went down well. Now I have a dog on my foot dreaming, making such cutie sounds and twitching like mad.

They say you spend more time on thinking about food than you do thinking about any person.
Just for a laugh, here are some food quotes.
“There must be a mistake, you’ve actually given me food that my food eats.””
Nick Offerman
“Is it true that cannibals don’t eat clowns because they taste funny?
A cannibal is a person who walks into a restaurant and orders a waiter.
“Alcohol killed my first wife.
I got home one night and shot her.””
The fantastic Jethro
“We live in an age when a Pizza gets to your house before the Police””
Jeff Marder
“My Grandmother is 80 and still doesn’t need glasses.
She drinks right out of the bottle.””
Henny Youngman

Haha, well on that note, I shall go for now, get all cosy if it’s cold where you are, I’m off for a hot bath and an early night, by the time I get to bed I think it will be about eleven. This is early for me. Snug as a bug nighty night.






No comments: