translate

Sunday 25 June 2017

DIARY OF SUNDAY BEST BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. I hope I find you well? Hub and I have had a lovely weekend. Just relaxing for the first time in months. Our house is now back to being our home again. Yesterday we had a lovely chat with friends then my cake friend brought me her latest delicious offering. Oh my. It was her best cake yet. It was a fruit loaf with marzipan inside of it with flaked almonds on the top. Oh, it was just stunningly delicious. She also brought us some tart which Hub devoured.

Today BW worked bless him, he has worked for days and such long shifts too. I learned only
today, his course he went on last week, went really well. Gosh, there was a lot to take in and he was picked to role play. When he told me what he had to do, I said to him, well, you must have done that really well? As he had to play someone who was not wanting to study. Yep, that’s our boy. Oh, the stress of his schooling exams and right through college was so dreadful. I wouldn’t have minded if he was a young person who just couldn’t cope but he is so very intelligent. When you see gold but you can’t touch it. In the end, he did very well but not for the case of studying. So, if he had studied, he would have done brilliantly. Now he has a couple of months of more work to do and this does involve writing and study. I’m so over the difficult job of pushing him to do his best. It is up to him now, but when he was younger, he was too young to realise just how important it is to study, I do wonder if kids should be kids and allow them to take exams later on in life. I mean, after all, our boy has worked since he was 15, most of his pals now are still at university, so haven’t earned a penny yet. Yes, when they leave next year, they will have the qualifications to earn twice as much if not three times as much as our Son, but in the meanwhile, BW has the money to do what he wants to in his young life he drives his car and has had three holidays in the past half of a year, so before he is of the age of settling down to have a family, he I hope will have enjoyed life. Now, this exam he has to take for work, is something he is passionate about so I hope he will do well, but the examiner, has been failing people for the past few months. If my Son had to take this exam some years ago, even a couple of years ago, he would not have done any study. But he wants to now because he realises he has to progress to go forward in life, but a couple of years ago, he was happy living life. As he should have been then and now, but now, he knows he has to move on in his occupation.

I always thought he would be a teacher, and bless him, when he was about two, he was playing with his train set and he turned to me and sent shivers down my spine. My lack of sight never came into conversations at home and I was dusting, so not like I was struggling to find something, as I know where every ornament is in my house now, and in those days, but his words were.
“Don’t worry Mummy. When I get older I’m going to be a Doctor and fix your eyes.””
Oh, my goodness. My jaw dropped. What to say?
“What do you mean Darling?”” well he never answered. He just turned to his toys and continued playing. And I was so adamant that I didn’t want to make an issue of my sight, that I just let it go. So, he didn’t become a Doctor, or a teacher but he did say that he wants to inspire to be like the person he was with the other day on his course. If he ends up doing that role, he will earn good money. Also, he will teach just not in a school but the most important thing is, he is happy and he is right now for sure in his job any way. The problem is now his job doesn’t stretch his brain enough.

Right now, he came in for his dinner after work, showered then left to go to a leaving get together for his old boss who he really liked and the feeling was mutual. He isn’t drinking alcohol though it is free.

Today is mine and Hubs wedding anniversary. It’s been a lovely eventful day. Some lovely Bloggets and friends have written some sweet words and we have received cards from our friends. I have really missed my Mother in law this year. She played a huge part in our wedding. I wished my parents could have been there. They would have loved Hub. They for sure would have been amazed in how my life has turned out and turned around. To them, blindness was the end. And sadly, that is how I was brought up so when I did go blind, my world crumbled and turned to dust. She would have seen what Hub and I have had to face and the outcome. Challenges we have dealt with and successfully seen out. I hope wherever her and my beautiful Dad are now, they are watching over us. I know my Mum in law is. I feel her from time to time. I hope she knows just how much I adore her eldest Son and how happy he is now in life. At least she told me before she died that she was pleased to see us together, as she didn’t get on with Hubs ex sadly, sadly for his ex as bless her she never did wrong by Hubs Mum, but she just didn’t like Hubs ex at all.

I know there are days when I don’t feel worthy of Hub, and wish I could do more for him. But he tells me he is happier than he has ever been in life. I hope so.

Reggae music is now on in our house, so time to sing along to my absolutely favourite music in the world. My neighbour Di is at the huge music festival in Glastonbury. I hope she is Okay, Haha, camping for five nights. If anyone can do this, she can. Festivals are not my thing. I like my clean space too much. Mud doesn’t do well with me. Wellington boots are not a good look.

A great quote I heard today from an author
John Le Carré
His eyes had a glint in them, the glint of a flic knife in the dark.

I hope you are well and healthy. I will write tomorrow but for now, you take it easy. X



No comments: