translate

Friday 9 June 2017

DIARY OF THE CHOCOLATE BALLOT BY FIONA CUMMINGS

A short blog from me today. Our election. Yesterday Hub and I went to vote. Still, you would think that blind people had not been seen in some parts of our society. I read that one person I know of who is blind had a great experience, well the people at the polling station were lovely, just odd. Firstly, they didn’t want to talk to us. Everyone in the queue before us they were fine, when it came to our turn? Oh, it was like you deal with these, no, you do it. And when we asked for a Braille device which is a hard-plastic sheet with holes in it with Braille on the sides, you put it over the paper, well someone does from the polling station and then they read to you for example, Conservatives is number one, the Green party number two and so on.

They place the ballot paper down on the shelf in the booth and place the tactile sheet over the top, then read to you the choices you have. Gosh last night was so confusing as there were something like six choices of parties but 12 holes to cross. I was sweating in case I did the wrong one.

The reaction though from the staff was so historic. They were all really elderly ladies and I did wonder if they have spent their life in a library as it was a library we went to, to vote.

The atmosphere was really earie. Like a funeral. It was as if people were afraid. Perhaps they really didn’t know just why or who they were voting for?

Enough on elections now. I only hope and pray that Mrs May stays in power and gets us through the next stage to bring back our country. She is the only person capable of it.
People just need to give her a chance.

I felt really strange yesterday voting as I have said before all of my life I voted Labour, but not a chance I could bare that man in power, he is so dangerous. My blog I wrote called Corbyn will explain why I believe this.

Here we are it’s the weekend again. I have had the pleasure of my Son being home most of the day apart from when he went to the gym and then the shop. He is putting his TV on the wall… Oh my. We have knocked down enough walls in this house over the past few months.

I just hope he knows what he is doing, but I can imagine holes being put in the wall and if they are not strong enough to support the TV, then the telly will fall, break and crash into or onto his lovely three guitars. It’s not that I don’t have confidence in his ability, it’s just he has never done this kind of thing before and I would believe that it is something you have to be taught? I only hope too, he won’t go through a wire.

Today I met our joiner’s daughter. What a cutie. She is so lovely a delight. My kitchen continues I thought it would be finished yesterday, but no it’s Monday now but most work is done and it’s a pleasure to be in there right now. I love it. On Monday, I will publish my full kitchen Diary but that is a lot of reading. There are over seventy pages.

It’s rained again today, it’s windy and sunny. Very odd. It’s forecast to rain tomorrow and Sunday too.

I think Hub and I will be finishing off emptying boxes then we will need to start and clear some rubbish away. Do you know that the bin men came around yesterday and they wouldn’t take a large cardboard box? It was recycling day and they wouldn’t put it in the van. Now, whether it’s because their machine on the back of the van won’t deal with that size, I’m not sure, but I do believe that at Christmas, we did put a large box out and they took that.

I don’t think I will be seeing much of Boy Wonder this weekend. He has a bit to do. He brought us some delicious bottles of liqueurs from his holiday. For me, white chocolate, oh my, it’s delicious. Scary, but after the smallest of glasses, the size of an egg cup I am talking like three quarters full, I felt a bit tipsy. It doesn’t take much. Hub got hazel nut flavour. Oh, they are really lovely. He went to a chocolatier he said the full back wall of the shop was covered in chocolate and it was melting chocolate imagine that? The whole wall full of melting chocolate? Oh my. If I worked there, I would be sacked after two hours.

OK, I’m going to try to assist him in his DIY. God help us.

Have a lovely weekend, won’t you.





No comments: