translate

Wednesday 14 June 2017

DIARY FOR TODAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. It’s ten in the evening. I have sat down for some time to talk with you then work continues. Today I woke, did three hours housework then went to my lovely friend’s house. Geordie and I had as ever a great catch up. We sat in her peaceful garden, gosh, the sound of the birds and no traffic was a delight. I had a look around her garden with all the lovely flowers and trees. We had lunch and lots of tea. A cake and our mouths didn’t stop for a minute either eating or talking. We have so much in common, we have almost mirrored each other’s life and, we are both the same age. Though we only met five years ago, it’s really funny just how we met and why? I believe people meet for a reason. Some because they need a guide or a push or even a tip on what to do next in life, some hang around for a while and some are for life. I hope Geordie and I are friends for life.

Her Son came home from school. Gosh he is growing up. I don’t envy her for a minute, knowing what she has to face over the next few years. Parenting is the most difficult job in the world.

Hub cooked dinner as I was late. I didn’t have anything as I was still full from lunch, he made sausage sandwiches.
First time he has cooked with our oven.
He burned them. Hahahahahahahah. He is a brilliant cook, but I will keep reminding him, how he cremated his first meal in our new oven.

Tomorrow I will have to make a meal, I always feel bad if the family have rubbish to eat so tomorrow an effort will have to be made. I love my new cooker but still hate cooking.

The heat is intense today. Red hot. All our windows are open tonight in the house but there is no air coming in. This is when we need air conditioning. Something that isn’t common in England.

I guess you will have heard more sad news for the UK today? In London, a high story block of flats have burned down and fire fighters could only get to the 20th floor last time I heard there may have been another update since. There were 24 floors.

12 people have died so far. There are parents still looking for their children. One poor Mum through her baby out of the window and no one seems to know what happened to her. Again, I think, the baby survived as someone caught the little sweetheart. Imagine that responsibility?

Great news, well, semi good news, I have teeny weeny apples on my, well, apple tree. Remember it is the tree my Son planted when we first moved here but had to be transplanted because it was too close to the wall. So, I am pleased to say it’s still alive. The fragrances in our front garden are so sweet.

Well, I guess I best get back to work. Vacuuming to do as Hub and I have moved the large unit from the sitting room into the kitchen. Sadly, as expected, it hasn’t covered the hole in our new floor. So, sad about that. I have put the china back in the unit it’s really difficult trying to match the sets. I have four in there. Three of them are very precious to me as they were my Mums and Grandmothers. So now I need to clean the sitting room floor push the sofa back then I’m going to get a bucket and wash the paint work in the hall. With all the work we have had done, the dust is awful.

I have to be up very early tomorrow, more on that in my next blog. Stay safe and smile knowing your loved ones are safe and happy.













No comments: